Top selling affiliate products?

harrygreen90

I have a blog with a decent traffic, around 1200 visitors daily and earning money from different ways as selling banner ads, guest blog posts, links...etc I am going to add affiliate products on review posts by choosing from top selling affiliate products. Is it a good way to earn extra money? and I should choose top rated/selling affiliate products? or choosing products which has less popular?

enstinemuki

Absolutely, Affiliate Marketing is a nice way to boost your earnings online.

If you focus on high ticket products, you make few sales and earn more. If you focus on little paying products, you make more sales to earn more, but sales will always be quick and early.

The best way however is to promote products that are targeted to your niche. Go in for what you think will add value to your blog and help your readers. While the money is good, do not focus on it. Focus on giving value to your readers and you are going to make a nice income.

I think your blog is busy enough to recommend products and generate commissions. To start with, I propose starting with products you use (maybe your theme, plugins, etc) if they have affiliate programs. That will help you know what your readers want.

alan watts

I agree with Mr. Muki here, don't just slap on any links you find, wait till you come by or search out something that will provide a solution for your readers, thats relevant of course. Im assuming you started a blog about something you are interested in. Become an expert in your field and on any product you promote, even try it out if you have to. And as usual, make connections with other experts in your field, learn and interact with them.

jackdorsey

I have known a few friends, they own websites with very high traffic, up to 300,000-400,000 per month and I see them have chosen popular products and the same theme with their website. . The effect is huge.

Jeff

Is it a niche blog or a general blog?

Is it a good way to earn extra money? and I should choose top rated/selling affiliate products? or choosing products which has less popular?
It is another way to earn money. If you do choose top converting products, be careful though. Some products/offers are saturated already and only works on very targeted traffic as it has already been promoted for years. In terms of less popular products, you need to have larger traffic to get sales from it.

Amy Richardson

Promote something relevant to your blog and your target group. Of course, you can focus on some top products, but maybe sometimes try to find something more "underground" not very fancy it will be much more interesting and with time it'll give you more traffic.

overcast

Health niche products continue to be top seller. For example, weight loss, diabetic, libido and many other type of products in health niche are being promoted by top affiliates. And there seems to be a lot of demand for it. I guess people who are buying products through such health product networks like moreniche seem to be getting results. I think depending on the conversion, you may find health and finance products doing good.

freebird37

I think the best selling products are health supplements. Things like vitamins, brain boosters, weight-loss products, any kind of health related items. People will pay to improve their health and to function at a higher level. Just make sure you use good keywords to market them.

Unknown

I don't think that you should just sell whatever product is the top seller or might seem ''most profitable'' but instead focus on products that you can incorporate into your blog or website. You want it to fit your niche and the things that you're writing about. I believe that is the most optimal way and it should grant you the most sells.

Also, I suggest you don't go for the cheapest products because depending on which affiliate marketing program you're using, there's a certain % of commission. So, if you sell something that's worth let's say $10 and the commission rate is high, you might be left with very little.

Regarding the health products. Yes, they can be very profitable to try and sell/promote BUT you really have to know how to... otherwise, it won't work. There are better options.

JonathanS

Well, if it's a niche blog, you should be a bit specific on what affiliate products you run. Personally, I find general blogs a bit easier to run affiliate products through. Especially when you've surpassed 1000+ visitors on a daily basis.

Regarding the actual top selling products themselves. What I've noticed is a divide between affiliate marketers. Basically, people are either doing generic niches with more simpler products. Or they're seeking higher ticket products to sell. They take longer to commission from but bring in nice revenue for every pop. For me, I prefer something like weight loss or vitamin supplements. They have their lane within in the market and are somewhat simple to promote.

The moral of the story is it all depends on what you want to sell and how much you're looking to earn.

iamsubhra88

Verrry goodddddd question harrygreen90 ...

Obviously you should choose top rated/selling affiliate products ...

A top rated/selling affiliate products have already high demand in market place. It's mean many affiliates already promote this product and many people already has bought this product...

Ciprian Bitter

Ciprian Bitter
True, a top selling affiliate product has high demand, but what do you bring extra to your customers as compared to other sellers? Maybe your competition includes a top influencer on the internet, what if your users already bought that product from your competition already?

I always militate for differentiators, and from my experience in sales this is the stuff that helps with customers - giving them value. Otherwise, you're just another store with the same products in the marketplace.

Elisabeth Kuhn

Go for the right kinds of products for your audience!

The most important part is that your affiliate products must solve problems that your audience has AND it needs to address problems that your audience expects YOU to solve for them.

Example: If you have a blog on health issues, then promoting products solving health problems are very appropriate. However, if you have a marketing blog, those same affiliate products will feel odd, and your audience might not be willing to buy them from you even if they could use them.

You build up your area of expertise, and your audience expects you to use your expertise to find great solutions for their problems IN your area of expertise!

In addition, it is crucial that the products are excellent! Do your research and due diligence. It only takes one bad product to destroy the credibility that you've built up with your audience.

jaymish

This is a complex decision. My question is why would you want to add affiliate links to your site? To make money right? So you need to think about what products would fetch more and faster money? I would go with the products that are trending. Sell what people want to buy most. Offcourse it has to be relevant to your site or you will look ridiculous. My hope is that your site is in a niche that is trending, otherwise, you're in big trouble.

CookieRunner

I have a blog with a decent traffic, around 1200 visitors daily and earning money from different ways as selling banner ads, guest blog posts, links...etc I am going to add affiliate products on review posts by choosing from top selling affiliate products. Is it a good way to earn extra money? and I should choose top rated/selling affiliate products? or choosing products which has less popular?
hey there Harry!

Of course, you should promote / sell products which are popular to the market, but it has to be connected with what your niche is all about so that you can still double up your traffic and earn more money. I think products related to Love are in demand right now, what i meant by that are products related to dating and the likes. Another one would be for Nutrition / weight loss products / medicines are also popular nowadays in the market.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.