• QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0
    Given: 281/0
    Thanks

Top selling affiliate products?

I have a blog with a decent traffic, around 1200 visitors daily and earning money from different ways as selling banner ads, guest blog posts, links...etc I am going to add affiliate products on review posts by choosing from top selling affiliate products. Is it a good way to earn extra money? and I should choose top rated/selling affiliate products? or choosing products which has less popular?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Absolutely, Affiliate Marketing is a nice way to boost your earnings online.

If you focus on high ticket products, you make few sales and earn more. If you focus on little paying products, you make more sales to earn more, but sales will always be quick and early.

The best way however is to promote products that are targeted to your niche. Go in for what you think will add value to your blog and help your readers. While the money is good, do not focus on it. Focus on giving value to your readers and you are going to make a nice income.

I think your blog is busy enough to recommend products and generate commissions. To start with, I propose starting with products you use (maybe your theme, plugins, etc) if they have affiliate programs. That will help you know what your readers want.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    I agree with Mr. Muki here, don't just slap on any links you find, wait till you come by or search out something that will provide a solution for your readers, thats relevant of course. Im assuming you started a blog about something you are interested in. Become an expert in your field and on any product you promote, even try it out if you have to. And as usual, make connections with other experts in your field, learn and interact with them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    I have known a few friends, they own websites with very high traffic, up to 300,000-400,000 per month and I see them have chosen popular products and the same theme with their website. . The effect is huge.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    You should promote something that is relevant to your blog. What do you blog about? If you write about (ex) skateboards, you can promote some popular skateboards from amazon

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    Is it a niche blog or a general blog?

Quote Originally Posted by harrygreen90 View Post
    Is it a good way to earn extra money? and I should choose top rated/selling affiliate products? or choosing products which has less popular?
    It is another way to earn money. If you do choose top converting products, be careful though. Some products/offers are saturated already and only works on very targeted traffic as it has already been promoted for years. In terms of less popular products, you need to have larger traffic to get sales from it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    Promote something relevant to your blog and your target group. Of course, you can focus on some top products, but maybe sometimes try to find something more "underground" not very fancy it will be much more interesting and with time it'll give you more traffic.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Health niche products continue to be top seller. For example, weight loss, diabetic, libido and many other type of products in health niche are being promoted by top affiliates. And there seems to be a lot of demand for it. I guess people who are buying products through such health product networks like moreniche seem to be getting results. I think depending on the conversion, you may find health and finance products doing good.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    I think the best selling products are health supplements. Things like vitamins, brain boosters, weight-loss products, any kind of health related items. People will pay to improve their health and to function at a higher level. Just make sure you use good keywords to market them.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 44/1
    Given: 39/0
    Thanks
    I don't think that you should just sell whatever product is the top seller or might seem ''most profitable'' but instead focus on products that you can incorporate into your blog or website. You want it to fit your niche and the things that you're writing about. I believe that is the most optimal way and it should grant you the most sells.

Also, I suggest you don't go for the cheapest products because depending on which affiliate marketing program you're using, there's a certain % of commission. So, if you sell something that's worth let's say $10 and the commission rate is high, you might be left with very little.

Regarding the health products. Yes, they can be very profitable to try and sell/promote BUT you really have to know how to... otherwise, it won't work. There are better options.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 4/0
    Thanks
    Well, if it's a niche blog, you should be a bit specific on what affiliate products you run. Personally, I find general blogs a bit easier to run affiliate products through. Especially when you've surpassed 1000+ visitors on a daily basis.

Regarding the actual top selling products themselves. What I've noticed is a divide between affiliate marketers. Basically, people are either doing generic niches with more simpler products. Or they're seeking higher ticket products to sell. They take longer to commission from but bring in nice revenue for every pop. For me, I prefer something like weight loss or vitamin supplements. They have their lane within in the market and are somewhat simple to promote.

The moral of the story is it all depends on what you want to sell and how much you're looking to earn.

Newer Threads

1. Ergoprime
    Marc van Leeuwen
    Replies: 2 | Views: 245
    Last post by Marc van Leeuwen, 04-14-2017, 04:33 AM
  2. Marc van Leeuwen
    SEOPub
    Replies: 12 | Views: 428
    Last post by SEOPub, 06-16-2017, 04:03 PM
  3. gyaro
    Rob Whisonant
    Replies: 2 | Views: 177