SEO for WordPress website

jackdorsey

I have been trying to do SEO for my WordPress. Its been a week now. But there is still no improvement in Google. I am not asking for the first page right away but still it is not coming even on the top 300 page itself.
Please some one help me. how long it takes to bring at least top 10 pages of the SERP?

Thanks in advance

rozzski89

I have been trying to do SEO for my WordPress. Its been a week now. But there is still no improvement in Google. I am not asking for the first page right away but still it is not coming even on the top 300 page itself.
Does your site have quality content and you built some quality backlinks to it?
Is it a new site?

Please some one help me. how long it takes to bring at least top 10 pages of the SERP?
Thanks in advance
No one can know how long or when a keyword will be listed into Top 10 search engine results.
It depends on how many quality links and how much quality content you're having on your site.

Tabassum

Hello dear,

SEO is a game.

There is no guarantee, that you will get result within one week or number of years.
Although, it depends on the competition of keywords you select for a particular page to rank on.

Stay positive and be patient.

enstinemuki

The problem isn't with the site being Wordpress.
I would ask you check to find out if your domain is in Google index. Simply type your url in search box to see if it shows on SERP

RenderedElite

Do you have Analytics and Webmaster Tools set up for your site? Are there any indexing issues? You have to give us more information about what you have done so we can give you advice.

Are you using an SEO plugin? I recommend Yoast SEO but there are other good ones. How fast does your site load?

There are so many factors, make sure you're constantly tweaking and making improvements if you want your site to rank. Keep publishing good unique content as well.

jamiehennings

I agree with your point that "SEO is a game" and it may long time to comes up on top pages. Because once you submit your site its take a long time to index, so it is the time-consuming process.

hynds

You're using Wordpress then I would suggest you try Yoast SEO plugin for Onpage SEO. Beside onpage, you should also do Offpage SEO, do linkbuilding to earn as many backlinks as possible (certainly quality backlinks).

Good luck to you.

bernawrd

If you want to increase your rank in SERP, then you can follow the following guidelines
  1. Add high quality and detailed contents in your website.
  2. Make sure that user website is SEO and user friendly.
  3. Create your website responsive.
  4. Make sure that your website has fast loading speed
  5. Select keywords with low competition and high searches for your website
  6. Use forums and blogs to boost your website rank
  7. Submit to web directories
  8. Submit articles to high authority guest blogs

OWSTeam

Only 1 week? And are you freaking? Come on, it's too short time to see results. Even, sometimes Google takes time to index website properly. Have you verified your website on Google webmaster and submitted xml sitemap file? For new website follow these steps:

Ways to help Google find your site:

*** Submit it to Google at http://www.google.com/submityourcontent/

*** Submit a Sitemap using Google Search Console. Google uses your Sitemap to learn about the structure of your site and to increase our coverage of your webpages.

*** Make sure that any sites that should know about your pages are aware your site is online.

hostingsafety

Thanks in advance
Good that you've website built on wordpress! add I would like to suggest you add Yoast SEO plugin which helps you in knowing what things you're backing with!

jackdorsey

What have you done?
i start building backlink from social network, web 2.0. bookmarking, but still no rank top

Hello dear,

SEO is a game.

There is no guarantee, that you will get result within one week or number of years.
Although, it depends on the competition of keywords you select for a particular page to rank on.

Stay positive and be patient.
i understand but must have a way to Rank Top, right ?

If you want to increase your rank in SERP, then you can follow the following guidelines
  1. Add high quality and detailed contents in your website.
  2. Make sure that user website is SEO and user friendly.
  3. Create your website responsive.
  4. Make sure that your website has fast loading speed
  5. Select keywords with low competition and high searches for your website
  6. Use forums and blogs to boost your website rank
  7. Submit to web directories
  8. Submit articles to high authority guest blogs
yes, thank you for support. i try !

You're using Wordpress then I would suggest you try Yoast SEO plugin for Onpage SEO. Beside onpage, you should also do Offpage SEO, do linkbuilding to earn as many backlinks as possible (certainly quality backlinks).

Good luck to you.
yes, thank you so much.

Only 1 week? And are you freaking? Come on, it's too short time to see results. Even, sometimes Google takes time to index website properly. Have you verified your website on Google webmaster and submitted xml sitemap file? For new website follow these steps:

Ways to help Google find your site:

*** Submit it to Google at http://www.google.com/submityourcontent/

*** Submit a Sitemap using Google Search Console. Google uses your Sitemap to learn about the structure of your site and to increase our coverage of your webpages.

*** Make sure that any sites that should know about your pages are aware your site is online.
yes i understand, i still work hard to rank website. thank you for support.

r0cka

Everything depends on the KW competition.

Usually extremely easy to rank kws rank only with good inner link structure (onsite SEO)

Easy keywords need some good backlinks but still they don't need much effort.

With medium keywords need tier 1 and tier 2 high quality links (including but not limited to: manual outreach, expired high pa web2.0, contextual links from high da/pa sites, gsa/scrapebox "bombs")

With hard keywords you usually will be faced against extremely strong domains with a lot more resources and knowledge than you, thus I would skip this unles u are offering something extremly unique and have win win business plan for it.

ChristRodriguez

have you checked your keyword researching and optimized your site, be sure that you have already submitted the sitemap. 1 week is really a short time to receive some positive results so you can try building quality backlinks from other sources, forum posting or guest blog post for example.

sarmadghumman

Actually, there is no gurantee, it may take some weeks or some years. It depends on your capabilities and SEO strategies. You are new in this field so you need to learn a lot about SEO. For higher ranking, you need to choose more highly ranked keywords. You should try to write more SEO friendly articles. If you do not have time then surely lot of writing sites, as contentmart.com is available, where you can get SEO friendly content. A highly quality content is the first and necessary thing to improve your Google ranking. You also need lot of quality back links for improving your Google ranking.

daikaads

Thanks in advance
Dude all you have to do is to make the On-page SEO perfect. Check the complete On-page activities what have you done before and based on that correct your optimization. Once everything is done just some social media signals. And one more tips! more traffic makes the Google to give more priority to your website.

BulletproofHosting

For starters, you cant expect great results in a month, let alone a week. And yeah, you should concentrate on optimizing content and website, then you should reach out, do some guest posts, get some quality backlinks and only after that, focus on social media. Good luck with your site!

daikaads

Results depend on competition of keywords? Is there any documentation that validates your statement?

SEO results depend on perfect On-page SEO and other hundreds of factors.

jackdorsey said:
Follow the guidelines of Google to see the result.
Just make sure your On-page SEO is perfect with compelling content.
Go for some social media signals.

Mike001

Structural mark-up of the HTML pages, much too many peoples dismay, and people will continue to deny this, is a very important aspect of SEO. What is structural mark-up, it is the structure of the HTML elements on the web page and how they outline the content that is contained on the page. That is how those crazy crawlers know how to format your content for searching.

Of course keywords, competition, content and hundreds of other factors make up a SEO ranking, but structural mark-up is one of the very first things looked at by the crawlers. And it is extremely important. Why do I point this out. Because the structural content of most WordPress sites is absolutely terrible. Just look behind the page at the source of those pages, and you will see exactly what I mean.

It is not the fault of WordPress, WordPress is a one-size-fits-all IDE. It was meant for Blogs and in that aspect it is pretty good, but it was never meant to be a serious contender in SEO. All those little plugins, just make it worse they add more and more crap to the structural content.

With the amount of websites that are currently out there it is very difficult, even with perfect pages, to rank high quickly on the search engines. That is just not a realistic expectation. Especially with sites like Amazon, eBay and the numerous eCommerce sites that have registered and work 10's of thousands of keywords. They spend millions of dollars a year making certain that they stay in the top 5 listing, normal people cant compete with that type of marketing. And you can be pretty certain that they have some of your keywords in use.

Do the things you can do to help your site rank. Keep your markup clean and structurally correct, have good quality back links to your site, that takes time, have good and fresh content on your site that is of interest to an audience, promote your site through social media, and relevant sites, and be patient. It takes time.

Traffic plays a part in SEO, the more popular the URL, the more often you are crawled, and going to your site over and over is not going to increase your popularity. The search engines are smart enough to track the source of the traffic. One of the things I never hear mentioned when people discuss SEO is the age of the URL. That also plays a role in SEO, not a high importance role, but a role, every little bit helps.

The key for all of the this..... read some of the content on the W3C and IETF on how pages should be structured for the web, remember that is the governing body that makes the standards for the world wide web. The search engines follow those standards and add their own algorithms and parameters for determining SEO rankings. SEO is a constantly moving target, and for good reason. They are trying to keep people honest....

It is not that hard to follow, but you are not going to find it in a package or a plugin.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.