Replacing Dreamweaver MX2004

Norfolkman37

I have been using Dreamweaver MX2004 successfully for many years but it is running out of steam with new developments & I am not prepared to pay to hire their latest software,which is what it really is. I am looking for something similar but which will give me the following:

1. The ability to import my existing website (I don't want to re-write the whole lot) and can be edited.

2. Has the ability to display css grid layout in its correct position in wysiwyg mode. I'm considering using these more & more.

3. Preferably is an "on pc" package and not an online one.

4. Is not too expensive (or preferably free !?).

Despite hours of Googling and free trials, none has met all these factors. Many can't import from my existing site, others just display grid/columns as divs stretching the full width of the page.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Geoff.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hey Geoff,

1. The ability to import my existing website (I don't want to re-write the whole lot) and can be edited.
What do you mean for this?
Manage sites function in Dreamweaver MX2004 which you can edit or uploading files directly from Dreamweaver?

2. Has the ability to display css grid layout in its correct position in wysiwyg mode. I'm considering using these more & more.
Can you share an screenshot?

3. Preferably is an "on pc" package and not an online one.
You want to run it as a software on your PC, not online tool?

4. Is not too expensive (or preferably free !?).

Despite hours of Googling and free trials, none has met all these factors. Many can't import from my existing site, others just display grid/columns as divs stretching the full width of the page.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Geoff.
There are many software out there but needing you explain in details so we can go next steps.

Norfolkman37

Since posting this, I have found that BlueGriffon gives me these functions so I will give it a try for a while.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.