Why we need SEO

BrunaBarros

The question is very simple, that why we need seo for our website, and what is the gain google get from it.

SEOPub

The question is very simple, that why we need seo for our website, and what is the gain google get from it.
The answer is also very simple. Your website doesn't "need" SEO.

Kind of a dumb question. Not sure if you are even being serious.

jeffscott

jeffscott
The thread is asking for guidelines from the members but not with your arrogant response.
Feeling great with your post and you already know all? i don't think so because you are also one of the wannabe guru's in different webmaster forums. If you don't want to help the thread just shut up and don't post. As simple as that kid.

BrunaBarros

I'M Serious and if you can't answer my question then please don't criticize me.

Mike001

Bruna,

I think I get what you are asking, but one thing I will point out when it comes to SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEOPub is an expert and has a far greater grasp of SEO then most of us on this forum. He is not trying to be sarcastic he is trying to get people to think through there questions and form them in a way that a logical answer can be found.

If you want relevant answers on SEO, that can really help you along your way, SEOPub is not the person to alienate although I doubt you have he is a very cooperative and informative and is only trying to help you. Just a thought.

Good SEO helps you rank your website to appear on the first page of the search engines or as close to the first page and first entry as possible. With all the competition on many of the keywords now that is becoming harder and harder. A good SEO strategy that is implemented and followed through will increase traffic to your site.

Now to your question, or at least I think what you are asking........How do the search engines benefit from your SEO strategy ..... it is a good question and they do benefit if your content is highly relevant to the search being conducted. When a person performs a search on Google or Bing or any of the other search engines available they want to find the answer to their question as quickly as possible, that is why they use a search engine.

By the search engines properly indexing the content on the web they can become very specific in how they respond to the search. They look through the indexed content and find an answer to the search criteria. Based on how well they, the search engines, have indexed the content of the web depends on how well they, the search engines, answer the question. The more accurate they are in their response to the search the more likely you are to continue using that search engine. The more people that use the search engine the more they can charge for advertising on that search engine and CPC (Cost Per Click) ratios on the search criteria. That is one of the areas where they make there money, and actually a good portion of it. Does that make sense?

So the better that you setup your pages following a good SEO strategy, the more likely you are to appear in those search criteria that pertain to your niche, and the more likely you are to grab that click without having to pay for it.

I hope this helps....

jackdorsey

i try build quality content and not building backlink but i understand, No SEO = NO RANK TOP. i don't understand way activity google but i know, if you want to rank your website you must SEO

hrishivardhan

We need SEO for our site because we wanted to rank better on search engine and wanted to increase our sales and traffic from the Search engines. that's the basic reason why we need seo for our site.

Scopehosts

SEO is needed to affect the visibility of the site or the web page on search engine's unpaid results.Also SEO makes websites or pages more user-friendly.

WallBB

SEO to get higher rankings on search engine pages. Higher the ranking, higher page views.

harrygreen90

SEO to get higher rankings on search engine pages. Higher the ranking, higher page views.
Yes a site can not live without SEO.

But some could live that don't need SEO.

i try build quality content and not building backlink but i understand, No SEO = NO RANK TOP. i don't understand way activity google but i know, if you want to rank your website you must SEO
I am just curious what sources you built backlinks if you do SEO for your site.

vps9

An important aspect of SEO is making your website easy for both users and search engine robots to understand.Also to boost the site's search engine ranking.

Riviera

SEO that makes your website better rank of search engines resuls. More customers approach your site if you have good SEO. For example: when people search for "cheap used mercedes california", "handmade gifts for cheaters", "new york condos for sale",... something else. The better site rank, the more chances to be approached by guests.
that's why we need to have SEO.

Mike30

I think Mike001 at post #8 made a long and complete answer to the question.

But in short. SEO is not a "must" for many websites/niches but it is really, really helpful to get free targeted traffic to your website.
And search engines (not only google) benefit from it by displaying relevant content related to the query, question. And the more relevant they are, the more popular they get, more page views for them, and finally more advertising can be displayed.

another Mike :)

shruti5120

You need seo because users trusts search engine and having presence in the top position for the keywords the user is searching and of cource free targeted traffic

hostingsafety

I would like to give one example here:
Suppose you have business and you are getting 25% of sales but if you intend to get 75% of sales then you must do something challenging and worthy; This is how SEO comes into picture

edwardkenway

there are lots of reasons this is why we need to do seo for a website, some of the are below:

>For page rank up really need to do seo
>You can make your website very popular by doing it
>For increasing traffic of a website and so on

these are very common thing this is why we need to do seo for a website.

Alex Hale

if you have a web site, blog or online store, SEO can help your business grow and meet the business objectives. Search engine optimization is essential because: ... Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site's trust.

jollyparker

We need SEO for our site because we have lots of competitors selling the same things and We want to expand our business from them. Our website is not in top ranking as compared to another. People don't know about our business. So We need SEO.If we do the SEO of website and increase our website ranking in search engine. Our business will popular in search engine and other cities, countries. that's the basic reason why we need SEO for our site.

paul1129

I'm hardly a kid.

My response was not arrogant. The question makes no sense. It is pretty simple. If you want traffic from search engines, then you need to do some work to rank for appropriate search terms. If you do not care about search engine traffic, then you do not need SEO.

What is more complicated about it than that?
You, a kid? :crazy:

The thread is asking for guidelines from the members but not with your arrogant response.
Feeling great with your post and you already know all? i don't think so because you are also one of the wannabe guru's in different webmaster forums. If you don't want to help the thread just shut up and don't post. As simple as that kid.
This answer is right. If somebody don't need their site to be found by search engines than why bother to do SEO in the first place. The answer is simple if you want free traffic from search engines than do SEO otherwise not. Many sites in the internet are private just for their members or something such sort of.

And to answer the OP. Google doesn't gain anything by providing us free traffic apart from the fact it attracts tons of advertisers and billions of dollars in revenue.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.