Why does Google not index Facebook posts?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I tried some tests with content from Facebook posts of users there but all of them were not indexed or cached by Google on search engine results? Why does Google not index Facebook posts?

Rob Whisonant

Are the posts set to "public"? I just tried the following search on Google and got several Facebook listings.

so drunk site:facebook.com

MNolte

I tried some tests with content from Facebook posts of users there but all of them were not indexed or cached by Google on search engine results? Why does Google not index Facebook posts?
Google index the pages. But so far we didn't see any posts indexed by Google yet. Even you don't find any posts indexed from twitter. Maybe those are nofollow or not able to index by google.

SEOPub

Most pages are set to private, so Google can't access them even if they wanted to, but why would they even want to index that stuff? Most Facebook posts are useless drivel.

vishwa

Google can't index your social media pages, because the links are of nofollow and as SEOPub has said most of them are private and require logins. So, you cannot see it in Google Index.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Are the posts set to "public"? I just tried the following search on Google and got several Facebook listings.

so drunk site:facebook.com
I am not sure the posts are set to public but I could not see the cache of their pages.

Most pages are set to private, so Google can't access them even if they wanted to, but why would they even want to index that stuff?
Exactly, Facebook profiles are set to private, but pages are public.
It is possible to set my profile public to Google but private to unfriend group?

Most Facebook posts are useless drivel.
That's reason whyI am wondering FB posts could not get high rankings on Google search engine results.

Google can't index your social media pages, because the links are of nofollow and as SEOPub has said most of them are private and require logins. So, you cannot see it in Google Index.
I don't think so, Google indexed pages that set to public though it is dofollow or nofollow links there.

galegatling

You can see Facebook results when you google them. There can only be one reason why it won't show in Google's search results, as what these guys said before me: set the post in PUBLIC.

I actually use Google to search for posts from Facebook when I couldn't find them in Facebook search. :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.