SimilarWeb gives me different statistics then Google Analytics does?

five-stars

So basically I'm trying to find information about a site I market and these 2 platforms give me completely different stats.
Moreover, I added "SimilarWeb" as a google extension tab and it gives me info that the exact same site doesn't.
Here are pictures:

A picture from google analytics. This is for the whole April month. Shows me I had only 16 visits.

2lxummr.jpg

The Smilarweb website. It doesn't give me any info.

SimilarWeb.jpg

And here is the stats the extension gives for April which is around 80 people!

SimilarWebExte.png

What are the correct statistics and is the extension just broken?

Mike30

Most sites what they do is just guessing based on data collected(many times) from other sites, it is called Web scraping.

The most accurate is google analytics (that I know of) and still, is not 100% accurate. (but not even your own stats) There are so many variables that is really hard to get it 100%.

magentoextensions

Go with the stats provided by Google Analytics because it gives accurate information about Website traffic. Similar Web is nothing compared to Google Analytics, it just gives the random estimation of traffic. So go with the Google Analytics.

Unknown

I have to agree and my opinion is that you shouldn't be trusting SimilarWeb to be accurate at all. It revolves around making estimated guesses and it can be way off from the real results... that's why I would definitely go with the results that Google Analytics shows. I don't think that either is 100% accurate but there's no such tool that would be able to give you that data.

Google Analytics is your best bet at actually getting the most reliable and accurate stats for your websites. Ignore the SimilarWeb because it won't give you the right feedback.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.