How do I improve my webshop's traffic?

fitka

Hi guys,

I have a webshop in a very competitive market namely the fitness industry (supplements)
I am trying to improve my traffic since the max visitors i had is only 16 a day.

Thing i tried so far to improve:

- Finding the right keywords
- Getting backlinks, but this is almost not possible.
- Find broken links, seems also impossible
- Optimized page speed
- Creating blogs, but this is very time-consuming.

What is in your opininion the best way to gain traffic?
- facebook
- google ads

Thanks!

SEOPub

The fastest way to get traffic is to buy ads.

Some of the other stuff you mentioned can help to increase search rankings, but it is going to take a long time in the supplement industry unless you are in a brand new niche.

The #1 ranking factor is links. Things like page speed matter so little that in a competitive market like that you won't notice a difference in your rankings by improving your page speed.

Mike001

Fitka,

First question that I have is how old is your site. You are correct you are in a very competitive industry and it is going to take you some time to build up your ranking.

The correct keywords for your SEO is very important and you are right, that particular industry is very competitive but if you keep working your keywords, keeping them unique for the pages and gear the keywords with the descriptions it will help your traffic increase. This is a process and takes time in a highly competitive industry you have to stick with it. If you are expecting overnight success in a highly competitive market, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Anything good takes time.

Back-links are important also, and again this takes time to build up. Write some good articles and get them posted to competitive blogs and traffic will increase. Focus on highly rated blogs that have a good amount of reputable traffic. Again this is a process that takes time, but to be successful you have to stick with it.

Creating Blogs is time consuming and requires a good knowledge of the products that you are discussing. Based on your comment it sounds as through you expect everything to just fall into place. In today's marketplace that is not going to be the case. It takes time and effort to be successful on the web now.

When I started many many years ago, there was not much competition in many of the markets, things were much easier. It was much easier to rank with the major search engines. But of course, many of the individuals began to cheat on the ranking of their sites and use techniques that created a false impression of how successful those sites really were. The search engines adapted to those cheats and changed the way they ranked sites, and so the cycle began. It continues that way today. As you get good at one ranking technique things will change and impact your rankings.

If you do things the right way, take your time, build your site reputation, keywords, descriptions, titles, content updates, quality content, speed, accessibility, etc, you will increase your traffic and build your site visitors. It is all a process.

If you try to find short-cuts, cheat the system, you may see short term gains, but they will be short lived. There is a ton of information on proper SEO, some of the best places for that information is the search engines themselves. Do your homework, learn the techniques and you will see improvement.

When I am first building traffic to a site I do use Google Adwords, Bing Adwords, Facebook Ads, etc. Keep in mind this can get expensive, especially in competitive markets. Another key point, if the site content is not high quality you may get plenty of clicks from those ads and few conversions. Without the conversions you are defeating your purpose. So quality content is very important to turn those clicks into conversions.

I hope this helps....

magentoextensions

Post on pinterest-its can drive a lot of traffic. Also post regularly content on Blog sites and if you have products then submit them to various product listing sites.

ChristRodriguez

You can start a paid campaign buying ads or do the social marketing as you have written, but to increase traffic on your site at first your content must be built well and try to optimize your page for the best onpage SEO, i don't know why getting backlinks is not possible for you but for me its the best way to get your page ranked better

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
- facebook
- google ads

Thanks!
You can go with what SEOPub suggested below. Buying ads will help you to increase traffic quickly.

Hi guys,

I have a webshop in a very competitive market namely the fitness industry (supplements)
I am trying to improve my traffic since the max visitors i had is only 16 a day.

Thing i tried so far to improve:

- Finding the right keywords
- Getting backlinks, but this is almost not possible.
- Find broken links, seems also impossible
- Optimized page speed
- Creating blogs, but this is very time-consuming.
these factors will not help you to increase traffic, you should use SEO or buying a quality SEO service, they will help improving keyword rankings for your site and tell you what you should improve on your eCommerce site since it was a competitive niche.

nickchernets

Facebook Ads are very cost effective ( make sure you set a budget)
Google Ads are great as well.

Try going into twitter search. Search your niche and see who's talking about it. Start a conversation with someone. Dont immediately promote yourself but get some feedback on what they are experiencing with the niche. and then slightly promote. It will provoke traffic. Try this with several people but dont spam.

Hope this was helpful.

Judas2018

Well fitness is a major market these days. My advice? Promote like crazy within your niche. If you have any friends or know any people within the fitness, nutrient, supplement, or health industry? You should tell them about your shop. Also encourage them to tell others. Putting up flyers around town works also. Pour some money into ad words and maybe Facebook and Pinterest ads.

subhodipd

To increase your webshop traffic , you need to gain more and more backlinks to your site. To do this, you can go for an organic approach or paid campaigns.

The organic approach includes receiving backlinks through multiple ways such as forum commenting, social media engagements, article directory listings, press relkease distribution, etc.

Paid campaigns on the other hand regers to PPC approaches such as Google Adwords and Adsense.

I Hope this helps.

Rogue

I would recommend getting ads to improve traffic in your webshops. Yes, this is quite expensive but since you're in the competitive market you should be willing to be aggressive. You should also have backlinks, it is essential like making entrance in various places where people could readily access. But how to get those backlinks? You could contact popular bloggers to spread about your webshop but of course it has a sum to pay. If your budget is limited, you can still have backlinks through guest posting, use the advantage of guest articles. Make use of the social media too and improve your market.

virgiliopique

I believe the best way to increase the traffic to your website is using paid ads. It may sound expensive but it's worthy. Since you are already spending money, you should use a follow-up system like email follow-up so that they will always be reminded to visit your website. Make some promotional offers if possible.

lusciousgirl

Fitka,

Have you tried promoting your webshop using Instagram?

According to reviews, Instagram is one of the leading social media platforms that can help you boost your sales or can give you more traffic to your webshop. If you haven't created an account in Instagram, you should not waste your time and create one for you.

You should also create a video for one of your products. People who have watched your videos will be redirected to your webshop. Make sure that you are providing quality content to gain more views, likes and buyers to your web shop.

I hope this advice can help you increase more views and buyers from your webshop!

Dictator20

If you really like to improve your webshops traffic here is some tips that I can give you, 1. Post your store to reddit you can try posting the link of your store in reddit. 2. Ask your family and friends to spread your store. 3. Give some samples to those Influencer so they will shout out your webshop. Last is that if you really want to have a big numbers of traffic and you are willing to pay just to have it, you can pay to those tv networks so they will advertise your webshop.

Ish5501

I recommend you to do Social Media Marketing...Start Facebook Page, Google Plus Brand Page and Pinterest account for your business....Try to grow and develop them. Facebook Ads can send lot of targetted traffic to your website...
As well As you can do SEO activities.
1. Do blog commenting on niche relevant sites
2. Social Bookmarking
3. forum posting
4. do guest blogging
above SEO activities also leads to drive lot of traffic to your site

subhodipd

INCREASING TRAFFIC! That is the sole aim every online business owner looks to achieve. So, cutting straight to the point, I would say, there are two ways to increase traffic to your webshop.

1. Organic Methods.
2. Paid Methods.

Organic methods involve securing authority backlinks to your website. Some recognizable methods to do so include,

a. Article Submission directories.
b. Blog commenting.
c. Press release Distribution sites.
d. Social Media Posting.

Implanting a backlink through such methods will allow web-scrollers to visit your site. This is not only increase your visitors but also look to escalate your potential customer base.

Paid links on the other hand, although faster can incur substantial expense on your website. Known techniques include advertising through Google Adwords and Google Adsense.

I hope the above information helps.

chikatilo

- facebook
- google ads

Thanks!
If I were you, I would use facebook ads. I think they give you the option to advertise your web site to people who have similar interests. Say for example someone liked a vitamin/supplement/bodybuilding page - your ad would appear in their timeline. It happens to me all the time.

Also - if you want your web page to get a higher rank in google search, you can use the services of serpclix.com. They pay random people to search for specific keywords in google and click on a particular web site that comes up in the search. Google registers the increased visits to the website and ranks it higher in the search results. Good luck!

jon99

Create account on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, pinterest, quora and few more.
Fillin all details
Post regularly in proper intervals
Don't post boring content. Post with attractive titles.
Use quality images, banners and videos
Join groups and forum which are related your business.
Create a informatiin blog which is related your product

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.