Landing Page Builders

Umar Bajwa

Hi,

What landing page services do you use and why ?
And what is your average conversion rate and industry?

Thanks for sharing this information

Rob Whisonant

Landing pages are simple to build by hand. So I don't waist money on a landing page service. You can learn enough HTML in a day to build a landing page that looks great and converts.

Mike001

I have to agree with Rob, Landing Pages are some of the easiest pages to build in HTML and CSS.

I do a session once a quarter for local businesses, that last 4 hours on how to build dynamic landing pages. Of course this is a local session and we cover all the critical aspects that small business owners need to know to build successful landing pages. The sessions are booked months in advance and are always full. But the Technical Institute that sponsors them limits the classes to 20 people so that we can have a good amount of one-on-one time.

You may want to check with your local Community college to see if something similar is offered in your area.

It is not difficult and takes a minimum amount of HTML and CSS to make them successful.

I would never recommend a service as they will not understand your product or customers like you do.

Just a thought.....

Gh0st4unt3r

Its right what Rob says no point wasting money on buying landing pages as you can build your own if you have a good knowledge of HTML / CSS, at least this way when you make them you get the design you want and something that is not premade and possibly used elsewhere.

By doing your landing pages by hand and making them different stands out from the rest and potentially increase your lead rate.

Mike001

Umar Bajwa,

On Visual Page Builders, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

If it is strictly a landing page and has little to no impact on your SEO or drawing people to the site, then that may be a solution. Personally I would never use a visual page builder. The problem that you have with most visual development tools is that they DO NOT follow "Best Practices" and normally can hurt your SEO based on how they assemble the page.

This is normally not the fault of the tool, it is that the standards and requirements change so quickly the tools cannot keep up. If you are going to use the pages to act as Landing Pages and draw new visitors to the site you will want them to be constructed correctly to capitalize on that impact.

Most professional web developers stay away from visual tools as they tend to make the developer lazy and gets them in the habit of bad practices. There is just too much to correct on the page structure once the page has been constructed by a visual tool. And honestly, if you have the knowledge to make the corrections, why use the tool to develop the page.

As one example, go to any good University, see if the web engineering class professors teach or use Dreamweaver, or any visual tools in their web engineering classes. If they are worth their salt, they do not. It is a good tool for mock ups and rapid site build demonstrations, but would never be used by a professional on a Live site. Way too much overhead, wasted markup, file size issues, bad SEO practices, missing meta data, etc. Christ it doesn't even have all the new elements in CSS and HTML and those elements are already being evaluated for SEO.

Just something to think about.

mikeandy01

its true what many above say about it being very easy nowa days to simply code a simple landing page that converts well even those that dont know anything about html or css can quickly watch a tutorial on youtube to get enough insight into building an html webpage,

But of course an easy option for most marketers nowadays including myself are pagebuilder plugins/services as you can simple drag-and-drop elements where needed and add features and text with the click of a few buttons which is pretty handy if you dont know a thing about building websites or your just simply going the lazy route and using a page builder for speed&ease of use.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.