What to do when you have NOTHING to invest?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Right now If you have nothing to invest into online business. what would you do?
I have done well online in the past but hit a bit difficult at this time, I would spend less but earn more.
Some people suggested me to join freelancer sites but I saw there are many competitors there, not sure it will work for me or not.

Rob Whisonant

Do you have an expertise that others can use? Can you do graphic design? Article writing? Site design? etc... Setup a site showing examples of your work. Then add a link in your sig to that site. Then.... Now here is the magic bullet.... Start helping as many people as you can with any problems they have in your area of expertise for free! This helps to get your name out as the goto guy that others are willing to spend money on.

RufusBrewer

RufusBrewer
Unless you are using free hosting and domain names to setup a site for showing your works and servicices.
If no, you still need to invest into these services to build a website that offering services to visitors and that costs a bit more.
The question of The OP can be solve by the answer of @vishwa, go with freelancer sites will help you to earn money without investing anything.

galegatling

galegatling
This is really something for me sir. I have a blog with some articles on it but I don't know how to add traffic to it. What you said here is really interesting for a newbie like me who wishes to partake in making money online. I am mostly on the internet but somehow I don't know where to start. Perhaps you can give me an insight or a few advices sir? Thanks much!

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Not OP, but maybe I can give some advice. If you're only posting articles, then I'd suggest focusing on promotion: social networks are your safest bet, and you can start with no investments (later on you'll be able to afford Facebook ads, too). If there's any way to make use of your skills, even writing, I'd suggest going to websites like Fiverr: it's popular and even if you have to start small, you can still earn something early on. Make sure to build yourself a reputation.

hynds

Are you an expert in SEO?, if so you can build a free website based on Wordpress or Blogger then promo it with your SEO campaigns. Find niches that you have a passion in or you have best knowledge on them. Advertise your site through many free online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Forums,...Join some affiliate network to earn your commission. IMO

vishwa

Freelance sites are great way to get started, if you don't have any funds to build your online business. I had remember my early days when I have used freelance sites to nurture my skills and raise some money. Starting with free blogging sites like blogger and WordPress is also a good idea.

maxpain007

If you are just lazy and want to earn money via clicking links. You can join PTC(Paid To Click) sites but the time required to reach for withdrawal is nearly a month. So if you are patient enough. Then you can opt for this

mikeandy01

Start small and scale-up, i recommend that you start with arbitrage and buy low sell high its one of the easiest ways to make money with no investment but a little thinking outside the box and motivation,

1: find a quality service like banner graphic design for example.

2: then target some local businesses in a city offering them a custom banner design for a very reasonable cost(but more than you will obviously pay your designer so you make profit).

3: call/email atleast 20-50 a day and you will get atleast 1 client to take you up on the offer.

4: collect half of payment upfront from the business owner, pay your graphics guy his cut then deliver the banner to your local business client.

5: collect other half of payment and count profit$$$! :)

Last edited:

Peeves

I think you should take a job- a real job and you can get money from it. After that, you can save money to invest online business ! Don't give up !

wallet

Hi, Marc, well, you can creat a logo, or graphic design for money if you are good at this, if not, join sites that will pay you to complete different tasks, or survey sites where is no need to invest money, there are many sites that will pay you some extra money to work for them. Good luck!

galegatling

Not OP, but maybe I can give some advice. If you're only posting articles, then I'd suggest focusing on promotion: social networks are your safest bet, and you can start with no investments (later on you'll be able to afford Facebook ads, too). If there's any way to make use of your skills, even writing, I'd suggest going to websites like Fiverr: it's popular and even if you have to start small, you can still earn something early on. Make sure to build yourself a reputation.
Woah. Great advice you got there! Currently I'm writing articles and not yet promoting. It's kind of hard promoting my blog to my social media because I know that my friends and those other people won't bother visiting them (yes that's how supported they are). They have this mentality that if they can't get anything from it, they won't bother doing it. I did try Fiverr though but I guess I'm just too newbie for that. Really it's hard. :/

Thank you though for your reply! I appreciate it. Cheers!

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Ugh, I feel you there, I know what it's like. It's a despicable mentality. Maybe you could create a standalone page for your website and ask for help to other similar pages or websites? As long as their website is more or less the same size as yours, I'm sure you'll eventually find someone willing to help (after all, there can't be much competition while starting out, right?). Maybe, after that, you'll manage to gather some more popularity on Fiverr.

Oh, and it was my pleasure to help!

Maria_C

When you focus on the competition and all those, you'll never have anything going for you. The best is set up your profile and bid, at least you'll gain the experience while trying rather than cry over competitors.

joshmoy

Honestly, I haven't really made much money online, but there are some sites who pay you for posting in their forums.

There are other options like freelancing. There are many websites for freelancers like fiverr, upwork, elance, freelancer and so on. Sign up on these websites and you're good to go.

You don't need to bother even if you don't have any skill to offer. Here's the solution. Look for a friend or colleague that has the skills you are bidding for and outsource the jobs to them when you get any. That way you get to earn money without doing much.

Lastly, since you have a blog, you can also try running google AdSense on your blog so you get paid anytime a reader clicks your adverts.

Cheers!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.