How to track banner ad clicks?

rozzski89

Hi, I have recently started developing a new niche site and I want to drive traffic to it using banner ads and get a % of sales from this paid traffic.
I have 2 questions
1. Is there a program/site that providing this service so I won't have to worry about?
2. How do I track how much traffic/clicks/impressions that the site is sending to my site?
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I have been looking everywhere.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

Mike001

Rozzski89,

Driving traffic to your site through banner ads is a popular way to bring targeted traffic to your site. To get to your questions.

1. There are different vendors that will allow you to place banner ads of many different sizes on targeted sites that pertain to your niche. One of the sites that I use quite often, but have had mixed results with, is the BuySellAds site. This site has a large groups of sites, broken down by niche that lists ad sizes and process both on a fixed rate and a pay per click rate. They have a decent tracking tool that allows you to see ow many clicks your ad is receiving and allows for A and B ads for comparison. Again they have a pretty good offering but I have had mixed results with the performance of those ads. There are other vendors that offer this same service but the one that I have mentioned is one of the more reputable ones that I have used.

2. What I have done more often is when I find a site that I want to advertise on I will contact the site admin and arrange to have an ad placed on the site. This normally takes a little negotiating on size and price but that is all part of doing business. Once I have the ad approved I will create a unique URL for that ad that will be placed with the ad when it is added to the site. The URL will have a unique ID that will only be used with that particular ad.

Using PHP I will capture that unique ID when the ad is clicked and the click is routed to the site. Once the click is captured I will gather a group of data from that click, this data is normally stored in the meta data of the packets being forwarded to the site, and write that information into a database. Then using an admin panel that I have written in PHP, HTML and CSS I can present that data in numerous ways based on the requirement that I have or the requirements that the customer has requested I track.

I do this all the time for both my sites and customer sites that I develop and maintain.

This may sound a little complicated, but really anyone that is good with PHP, HTML and CSS this is a pretty simple process.

I hope this answers your question.

rozzski89

Rozzski89,

Driving traffic to your site through banner ads is a popular way to bring targeted traffic to your site. To get to your questions.

1. There are different vendors that will allow you to place banner ads of many different sizes on targeted sites that pertain to your niche. One of the sites that I use quite often, but have had mixed results with, is the BuySellAds site. This site has a large groups of sites, broken down by niche that lists ad sizes and process both on a fixed rate and a pay per click rate. They have a decent tracking tool that allows you to see ow many clicks your ad is receiving and allows for A and B ads for comparison. Again they have a pretty good offering but I have had mixed results with the performance of those ads. There are other vendors that offer this same service but the one that I have mentioned is one of the more reputable ones that I have used.
BuySellAds site provider their own tool to help users track clicks or impressions on banners on their network. They didn't provide this service for sites that not sponsored by them.
Also, it is not easy to apply a website to BuySellAds if your site don't have enough conditions as they requirements.

2. What I have done more often is when I find a site that I want to advertise on I will contact the site admin and arrange to have an ad placed on the site. This normally takes a little negotiating on size and price but that is all part of doing business. Once I have the ad approved I will create a unique URL for that ad that will be placed with the ad when it is added to the site. The URL will have a unique ID that will only be used with that particular ad.

Using PHP I will capture that unique ID when the ad is clicked and the click is routed to the site. Once the click is captured I will gather a group of data from that click, this data is normally stored in the meta data of the packets being forwarded to the site, and write that information into a database. Then using an admin panel that I have written in PHP, HTML and CSS I can present that data in numerous ways based on the requirement that I have or the requirements that the customer has requested I track.

I do this all the time for both my sites and customer sites that I develop and maintain.

This may sound a little complicated, but really anyone that is good with PHP, HTML and CSS this is a pretty simple process.

I hope this answers your question.
Using programming is a good way to track clicks but how to do it?
It is not easy for newbies or people don't know about codes or building tools from programming languages.

Mike001

Explaining how to write tracking code for a website is far beyond the scope of this forum.

Writing code to track clicks and traffic to a website is done frequently and is not that difficult but to try and explain it in a forum post, without any knowledge of your programming background would not be a good use of time.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.