Webmaster Sun Login
Not a member yet? Sign up

Long tail or short keywords are best for website?

• HOME
  • FORUMS
  • BLOGS
  • MARKETPLACE
  • ADVERTISING
  • SPECIAL OFFERS
  • WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks

Red face Long tail or short keywords are best for website?

i read in some where that with long tail keywords we can rank better than shot keywords as there will be heavy competition for short keywords.....

but if i search for long tail keywords for search quantity it is very low. so how to use it or which is best.

eg:

for "used cars" competition is very high...so i used long keywords like "find used best price cars" is it correct will the relevant user will come . if i search for this long tail keyword seacrh quantity it is very low.

so how to make the long keyword

i think i am not confusing

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    So, your root keyword is "Used Cars" I am hoping you are using Google keywords planner for keyword research! the long tail keywords "find used best price cars" has low search volume because it has 5 words in it, try to reduce it 2-3 words like "Best Used Cars" Iam sure that these keywords are having medium search volume so, target those.

And if your businesses are limited to a region you can target the local keywords also like "Used Cars NY" etc..

Hope this will help!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information......

another if i choose "best used cars" , will i get ranking for the used cars also or only for best used cars i will be ranked.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 276/0
    Given: 22/0
    Thanks
    The ONLY keywords and key word phrases worth ranking for are the ones that will bring your target audience to your site in PULLING OUT the WALLET mode. Unless you are not looking to make money that is.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/0
    Given: 271/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by godmadeus View Post
    i read in some where that with long tail keywords we can rank better than shot keywords as there will be heavy competition for short keywords.....

but if i search for long tail keywords for search quantity it is very low. so how to use it or which is best.
    Each one has its advantages and you need to choose depends on what you are having.

if you have a good budget and time for SEO, you can try short or high competitive keywords
    But if you want to have somethings easier to SEO, using long tail keywords, that will give you traffic in short term.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Thanks
    Long tail keywords have less competition and provides accurate results when searched in the search engine. Short keywords or the primary keywords have more competition and when used in search engine as search term then all the related results of that keywords also appear along with the exact results that we are expecting for, that is Short keywords are search phrases with only one or words. Their length makes them less specific than searches with more words.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 165/3
    Given: 89/1
    Thanks
    I will prefer to use long tail keywords over short to cut competition. Some of the short keywords have high amount of traffic and you will get tough competition from your rival sites. So, it is quite helpful to use long tail keywords to increase your SERP rankings. However using keywords is solely depends on the content of your site.
    Internet Marketing Blog:- www.imbloggingtips.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 3/1
    Thanks
    Yes targeting your long tail keywords are more effective for faster ranking than short term.
    I would suggest you to choose long term keywords matching your short tail so that short tail will also rank well.
    Example: Target "buy footwear online" instead of targeting "footwear online". Targeting buy footwear online will also effect footwear online automatically.

Hope concept is cleared now

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Thanks
    If you're using long tail keywords, you need to divide and conquer. For example, each long tail keyword has less traffic than short tail keyword but if you target 3-4 long tail keywords on one page, then together they can bring more relevant traffic than a single short tail keyword, because each long tail keyword has less competition, and the searchers clearly know what they're looking for. So if they find it on your site, it's very likely they'll make a purchase.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/0
    Thanks
    In my observation, experience and knowledge, long tail search terms are better than short keywords. These days people don't type rabndom keywords on search bar, they will be more specific. They will narrow down the search and use a search term instead one of two keyword. For instance, people no more look for buying house, instead they will type "tips to buy a house in Hawaii."

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Thanks
    From my experience, you should use Long tail keyword because long tail keyword can rank easily than shorter. Short keywords having more much competition so it's a little bit difficult to rank within the short period of time or can say it'll take more time and efforts. You can use long tail in which short keywords can include.

Hope it will help!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    According to me, long tail keywords help to boost your search traffic rather than short keywords.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    Which type of keyword you want to use is going to depend very much on the type of traffic that you want to drive to your website. Competition for short tail keywords is highly competitive, but the shorter the keyword is, the higher the search volume. If your site is new and you don't have a brand short tail keywords are very difficult to rank.
    On the other hand, the long tail keywords have a lower search volume but also lower competition.

However, if you are looking for higher conversion rate and lower cost long tail keywords are the far better choice.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Long tail keywords are less competitive than the main keywords, which makes them very easy to rank for. However, ranking #1 for a keyword doesn't mean you'll get a lot or any traffic at all, so you still have to do proper keyword researching for your long tails. Considering the amount of effort you need to put into ranking them, long tail keywords are a great alternative especially if you are are just starting, or if you're unable to rank for the main keywords (for 1000's of possible reasons).

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Longtail keywords is better, I think. Cause they will give you quality traffic. But to make the right longtail keywords, you have to do the research which is the keywords related in your sites and whether it's longtail keywords that searching by lots of people or not

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    You can try searching for long and short tail keywords at Google Keyword tool. Observe which words could generate more traffic by looking at the numbers. I use short tail keywords most of the time in my blogs

Newer Threads

1. Umar Bajwa
    harrygreen90
    Replies: 2 | Views: 219
    Last post by harrygreen90, 06-01-2017, 02:45 AM
  2. premiumproxies
    Should I use Fiver SEO?
    By premiumproxies in forum Google
    berto
    Replies: 12 | Views: 536
    Last post by berto, 07-25-2017, 08:54 AM
  3. christax