Long tail or short keywords are best for website?

godmadeus

i read in some where that with long tail keywords we can rank better than shot keywords as there will be heavy competition for short keywords.....

but if i search for long tail keywords for search quantity it is very low. so how to use it or which is best.

eg:

for "used cars" competition is very high...so i used long keywords like "find used best price cars" is it correct will the relevant user will come . if i search for this long tail keyword seacrh quantity it is very low.

so how to make the long keyword

i think i am not confusing

JimmyJohnson240

So, your root keyword is "Used Cars" I am hoping you are using Google keywords planner for keyword research! the long tail keywords "find used best price cars" has low search volume because it has 5 words in it, try to reduce it 2-3 words like "Best Used Cars" Iam sure that these keywords are having medium search volume so, target those.

And if your businesses are limited to a region you can target the local keywords also like "Used Cars NY" etc..

Hope this will help!

godmadeus

Thanks for the information......

another if i choose "best used cars" , will i get ranking for the used cars also or only for best used cars i will be ranked.

Rob Whisonant

The ONLY keywords and key word phrases worth ranking for are the ones that will bring your target audience to your site in PULLING OUT the WALLET mode. :) Unless you are not looking to make money that is.

harrygreen90

i read in some where that with long tail keywords we can rank better than shot keywords as there will be heavy competition for short keywords.....

but if i search for long tail keywords for search quantity it is very low. so how to use it or which is best.
Each one has its advantages and you need to choose depends on what you are having.

if you have a good budget and time for SEO, you can try short or high competitive keywords
But if you want to have somethings easier to SEO, using long tail keywords, that will give you traffic in short term.

Scopehosts

Long tail keywords have less competition and provides accurate results when searched in the search engine. Short keywords or the primary keywords have more competition and when used in search engine as search term then all the related results of that keywords also appear along with the exact results that we are expecting for, that is Short keywords are search phrases with only one or words. Their length makes them less specific than searches with more words.

vishwa

I will prefer to use long tail keywords over short to cut competition. Some of the short keywords have high amount of traffic and you will get tough competition from your rival sites. So, it is quite helpful to use long tail keywords to increase your SERP rankings. However using keywords is solely depends on the content of your site.

sidrawat

Yes targeting your long tail keywords are more effective for faster ranking than short term.
I would suggest you to choose long term keywords matching your short tail so that short tail will also rank well.
Example: Target "buy footwear online" instead of targeting "footwear online". Targeting buy footwear online will also effect footwear online automatically.

Hope concept is cleared now :D

sree31

If you're using long tail keywords, you need to divide and conquer. For example, each long tail keyword has less traffic than short tail keyword but if you target 3-4 long tail keywords on one page, then together they can bring more relevant traffic than a single short tail keyword, because each long tail keyword has less competition, and the searchers clearly know what they're looking for. So if they find it on your site, it's very likely they'll make a purchase.

vinaya

In my observation, experience and knowledge, long tail search terms are better than short keywords. These days people don't type rabndom keywords on search bar, they will be more specific. They will narrow down the search and use a search term instead one of two keyword. For instance, people no more look for buying house, instead they will type "tips to buy a house in Hawaii."

marekstachura

From my experience, you should use Long tail keyword because long tail keyword can rank easily than shorter. Short keywords having more much competition so it's a little bit difficult to rank within the short period of time or can say it'll take more time and efforts. You can use long tail in which short keywords can include.

Hope it will help!

DianaRiasa

According to me, long tail keywords help to boost your search traffic rather than short keywords.

Cathy

Which type of keyword you want to use is going to depend very much on the type of traffic that you want to drive to your website. Competition for short tail keywords is highly competitive, but the shorter the keyword is, the higher the search volume. If your site is new and you don't have a brand short tail keywords are very difficult to rank.
On the other hand, the long tail keywords have a lower search volume but also lower competition.

However, if you are looking for higher conversion rate and lower cost long tail keywords are the far better choice.

ProSeoPackages

Long tail keywords are less competitive than the main keywords, which makes them very easy to rank for. However, ranking #1 for a keyword doesn't mean you'll get a lot or any traffic at all, so you still have to do proper keyword researching for your long tails. Considering the amount of effort you need to put into ranking them, long tail keywords are a great alternative especially if you are are just starting, or if you're unable to rank for the main keywords (for 1000's of possible reasons).

tom93

Longtail keywords is better, I think. Cause they will give you quality traffic. But to make the right longtail keywords, you have to do the research which is the keywords related in your sites and whether it's longtail keywords that searching by lots of people or not

peachpurple

You can try searching for long and short tail keywords at Google Keyword tool. Observe which words could generate more traffic by looking at the numbers. I use short tail keywords most of the time in my blogs

ankitajii90

In starting phase go with long tail keywords, when you get good authority from google then you can go with short tail keywords.

jeffscott

Hi godmadeus, the reason why they are using long tail keywords because their main target keyword is too competitive so they will need to rank first in specific manner (using long tail) in which the target users are most referring to. This is the best way or the first move to establish your site before competing with the most competitive brand or service in the related field.

linconcley

On these days people are used to use short keywords, but here is a problem, short tail keywords has more competition. So if you want to use short tail keywords use less competitive words, then people can find your site easily. If you don't get any appropriate short tail keywords then you can use long tail keywords, you should research long tail keywords, which is more competitive or less competitive try to use less competitive keywords but popular one, by this way visors can reach you easily.

OlaSidiq

Let me give you the solution that you need briefly, short keywords will always high search volume and high competition. if you want get traffics using such keyword, then you will have to create a content that is better than the current ones in google search result. When the coontent is the best online, you will get backlinks.

Long tail keywords, on the other hand, are just the exact opposite. The take-home here is to provide the best content, low keywords are easy but you will only get small traffic.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.