How to move your website to other host?

lkovnih226

I am going to move a few websites to a new host but I don't know how or what is the fastest way to move big websites with large data/databases to a new host. I used to use backup function in cPanel but it is pretty slow and sometimes it was interrupted the process. What are the alternatives?

Riviera

Hi lkovnih226, The rule to move website from hosting is you need to back up 2 things.
Back up website source code.
Back up the website database.

If possible, you can access to PHPmyAdmin and Export that database. > Save to your computer (as a .zip, .zgip file).
If you;re using wordpress, please try the plugin "Duplicator". That's a great one.
If the database is too large, please contact the hosting supporter by submitting support ticket to them. I hope they can help you.

Rob Whisonant

Most hosting companies will offer to move your sites for you when you switch to them. If the old host is cpanel and the new host is cpanel the new host can move all your sites in minutes.

Check with the new host to see if they offer this service for free.

vishwa

You can take help of your existing host if they transfer website for you. However you can also move your site manually. Take a full backup of your files and databases. Upload them on your new host. Edit the config files to made necessary changes. Import the database. if everything works great, change the nameservers to the new host.

robert4u

Well if you are using cpanel, there is option is cpanel to make backup use this option to make backup and provide that backup to your new host and tell them to restore using backup provided.

Also it is wiser move to always have backup, if something goes wrong with web hosting, your backup is always useful.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.