How to check broken links in a website?

Dopani

I heard that there is a way to check broken links in a website, is it the truth? is so, how to check broken links on whole my site without manually check every page?

amankhare385

Hey!
Checking broken and even dead backlinks has been made far easier by tools available as broken links checker tools in google.
Moreover,you can refer brokenlinkcheck.com , it is definitely going to help you.
Good luck!

jennypitula

Dopani, you want to check your website’s broken links without manually checking every page. In this case I can suggest you that you should check Google webmaster tool, here in Site Errors section there is section named 404 errors, please check here. You will be getting all listing of broken links or 404 error.
Or you may use these free tools:
brokenlinkcheck.com
deadlinkchecker.com

SEOLosAngeles

Hi Dopani,

If you want to check your website’s broken links then you have to follow this SEO tools like -

1 - brokenlinkcheck.com
2 - deadlinkchecker.com
3 - drlinkcheck.com

And another method is that you can check your Google webmaster tool and you can check here in Site errors.

sree31

There are plenty of free broken link checkers online. I use brokenlinkcheck.com and have found it to be very useful and accurate. I have a website of about 900 pages and it works well. It will crawl your website for free for up to 3000 pages. If you need to scan more than 3000 pages, you need to go for a commercial version.

It has 2 modes of working:
1. Report only the distinct broken links.
2. Report each instance of broken link. This will be slower if you try on a website with many pages

After crawling your website, it provides a simple report with a list of broken links, source url for each broken link, and response code while crawling each broken link

Last edited:

TopHatSEO

As noted above by other posters there are plenty of good broken link checkers. Brokenlinkcheck.com is definitely a good solution.

Screaming Frog allows you to check for broken links but it is also a complete website crawler. It gives you tons of data that you can use to improve your onsite SEO and so I would suggest that you start with Screaming Frog rather than using a dedicated broken link checker.

usmanshani2

Yes Nobody likes a broken link. It’s a bad experience for your site visitors. You Can Use A Broken Link Checker Wp Plugin. This plugin monitors links in your pages, posts, comments, and even custom fields.

When it finds a broken link, the plugin will notify you via the WordPress dashboard or by email.

Tania997

Broken links would be a nightmare to check manually, so I'm always thanking whoever created these tools. Screaming Frog is actually really nice, and I agree on what was said about the search console. I used to trust it with checking broken links, but once I've noticed the slowness about updating data I just didn't use it anymore.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
tzy
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.