Instagram Hashtags

Steve

I'm trying to get a better grip on how instagram hashtags drive traffic. I understand​ you want to use hashtags that relate to niches or interest groups, but how specifically?
For example, if you are marketing for a brand with two interest groups in mind should you use both sets of hashtags or would it be better to centralize the hashtags because one will dilute the other?
Also, I've seen sights for getting top hashtags. How does that work exactly? Should you just copy and paste those exactly after you type in a specific word or what?
If anyone has specific answers​ or general knowledge about this subject that would be much appreciated! Thanks

Ergoprime

You can use upto 25 or 30 hashtags on IG (don't know the exact number) But I would recommend you to use 5 big hashtags (over 500000 Posts) and 20-25 small hashtags (under 10000 posts). Therefore you are going to increase your chance of ranking on the top of the small hashtags search results, which leads to an increase of reach.

You can also add additional 30 hashtags to your post, if you comment with your own or another account on your post, therefore increasing your reach even more. But be aware! This strategy is spammy and could lead to a ban.

Keeper9037

You have the ability to use a huge bunch of hashtags but don't abuse them. You don't want your followers or other Instagram users to be put off by that. What you should do in my opinion is check out the hashtags utilized by your fellow competitors (especially the successful ones with an enormous follow count), and copy some of them. Alternatively also look for viral hashtags, they may not last for a long time but they are a surefire way of bringing you more potential customers.

Jack_Dan

Definitely you need to use more hashtags on Instagram but not more than 11 or 12 hashtags. You don't need to put 30 hashtags to look like a spammer. Do use relevant hashtags that are related to your content. You can use Hashtagify website to search for most relevant tags. Do check other users content which is similar to yours and see which hashtags they are using. If you do some research on most used hashtags then it maybe helps you to get a relevant hashtag for your niche.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.