Content limits?

hulyo

Is there any specific number of words or techniques to do for content writing?

vishwa

It depends on the topic you are writing about. However I believe that minimum of 800 to 1000 words will consider as best for article writing. It will engaging your readers and also increase value of your post.

Ergoprime

In Terms of SEO: NO!

There is the myth that Google only ranks pages that have more than 500 words in their article. But it's proven that this is wrong. I see every day sites with 300 words that rank on the first page of Google.

HOWEVER: In depth article are better for user engagement, natural backlink building and social media promotion.

sree31

If you're talking for SEO then it depends on keyword competition and quality of content.

For highly competitive keywords, you'll need to produce in-depth articles with a least 1000 words. I'm not saying 1000 words because it is a standard or something. It's just that there is this misconception that you need at least 1000 words to rank well in Google. So most of the articles you find on page one, for a competitive keyword, will have at least 1000 words in them.

I've ranked pages with even 500 words in top 3 but they are low competition keywords and the other results on page 1 didn't have useful or relevant content.

Basically, I would suggest do keyword research and search those keywords in Google. Look at the top 4-5 search results. If they're really long-form content, then sadly you'll have to write long content too. If they're short content, then you can rank well with shorter content.

As far as sharing is concerned, if your content is useful, it will be shared. If it is also unique or new, it will be shared even faster. It doesn't depend on the length.

Last edited:

Hawker

Yeah well, long form articles do rank higher over short form articles. Sure, some short form articles rank higher than long form articles. With enough off page SEO anything is possible! And those guys that write 300 word articles can rank them high with an authority site alone. But I say, while short form and condensed articles are good to read, long form ones spend longer on the site and the engagement rate goes up! Some short form articles can do that too. Really, honestly and truthfully guys, when it comes to words, it's not how many you use to get them to do something, it's how many words you don't use to make them do it! ;)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.