What is "Visits Without Site Search"?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I saw this in my Google Analytic but I don't think I can define it exactly, Anyone tell me what is the "Visits Without Site Search"? and it helps my sites or not?

Ryan_132

I saw this in my Google Analytic but I don't think I can define it exactly, Anyone tell me what is the "Visits Without Site Search"? and it helps my sites or not?
Im guessing your "Visits Without Site Search" says 100%?

I believe it is part of the site search data on analytics. It shows you visits to pages that occurred as a result of a site search (internal). You need to have a google search bar installed on your site to use this feature in analytics I believe.

As far as helping your site, idk maybe. Do you have an e-commerce site? I feel like that is what it is generally used for. It could also be helpful for a lot of other sites that people may be searching for a certain topic/article.

Ryan_132

Here is how you can set it up, it's not actually downloading a special search bar or anything, more so setting it up through google. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012264?hl=en&ref_topic=1031951

Few benefits - You can see trends of certain keywords, for example, a lot of people are searching for air jordans - is this hard to find, should it be featured more clearly on the site. Are a lot of people using the site search feature, maybe look into the navigation and see if it's user friendly. Are a lot of people searching for an article that we don't have? Maybe create an article answering that search query.

Just a few things that might be helpful.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views