Is PayPal too expensive?

Knowing Roger

Hi all

When it comes to charges, which Paypal takes from each payment and currency conversion, which they provide, do you think it is the most expensive payment processing on the web?

Julzwriter

Actualy, it is one of the cheapest and most convenient
payment gateways to use. That is why a lot of people
use it.

web3k

web3k
I'd agree with that. It will only start to get cheaper with PayPal and others when you start doing volume with them. Our merchant account with the bank is cheaper, however there were much higher fees to set-up and a much longer, more stringent process to sign-up.

BlackWoods

Paying part, it is quite reasonable.
But it charges quite high % for merchant side.

karmadir

Actually,it is expensive,but what can you do most of clients use it and on top of that it is free.

DistributionCloud

Hi,
For me, its actually really cheap. Specially for people in less develop countries where sending and receiving money is quite expensive.
Regards

Darius

When you are registered as business account at PayPal, it is expensive receiving money via PayPal.
I am talking about European country (EU member) than African one, for example.
When you send me $100,- to my my PayPal account, they will charge me around $4,80 (I guess $4,50 to 4,80). When I withdraw this money to my local bank account (from PayPal) it cost me nothing.
In Skrill/Moneybookers case, the same $ 100,- sent to me, cost me nothing. But, when I want to withdraw them to my local bank, it cost me around $2,80 and takes around 1 day sooner (two business days).
That's not enough. You should be also aware of exchange rate used by various pament processors. From my experience, Skrill are using far better rates than competition.
But, that's my own private few.

christina21mari

I've been suing paypal for quite a long time now in my business. Sad to say and you are correct it is a little bit-expensive. I think I have to switch to another medium. Do you have something to recommend that is less expensive but secured to use?

LeetHost

Yes it has been. Specially during past 3 years and I have been started to look into other payment methods.

TanyaDim

Yes it is expensive...of course Paypal is easy and fast to pay or transfer, but free lunch do not exist :p Also here in Bulgaria biggest part of people use that method...Paypal is a business, so they make their profit from charging transaction fees :)

NicholasK

Yes Paypal has now become the most expensive currency exchange on internet.... They are exploiting users..

Ch_SALMAN

Well, I had never thought of that in deep really. Always realize that fees belong to PayPal. They manage your funds in every safe way possible, So I feel they deserve that much.
It is not expansive at all.
Cheers !

NaturalWriter

Hipcat and I use several payment processors, and we both like Paypal. They charge relatively low fees compared to other processors out there. They only thing is, Hipcat and I would like to have a Paypal debit card, but sadly it's not available to Canadians :(

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.