What is the difference between SEO, SMM , SMO and SEM?

christax

I am still new to SEO and online marketing, some terms in these fields are making me confused. Can you guys here explain me what is the difference between SEO, SMM , SMO and SEM?

Unknown

I will try my best to explain these terms since I know from personal experience how confusing they can be at the beginning.

SEO = search engine optimization

SEM = search engine marketing

SMO = social media optimization

SMM = social media marketing

Now that you understand what each acronym means you probably also understand what it focuses on.

SEO and SEM revolve around search engine. They are fairly similar but SEM usually involves paying for the ads such as PPC and CPC. SEO is all about trying to get your website/blog/product to rank the highest possible when somebody looks for it through the search engine. If I look for "coffee" you want your coffee website to come out on first page on the search engine.

SMO and SMM revolve around social media (Facebook, Twitter, ...).

SMO basically focuses on increasing the visibility of your social media sites and profiles. As a result you can draw more traffic to your blogs, websites, and so on.

For SMM it is typical to pay for such advertisement. Facebook ads can be a good example.

Hope this helps. If any further questions just ask away :)

vinaya

SEO or search engine optimization us a technique to optimize your websites and contents for search engines. When the contents and websites are optimized for search engines, traffic and ranking imporves.
SMM or social media marketing refers to marketing products, services or websites and webpages on social media networks.
SMO or social media optimization is tweaking your webpages and websites in order to increase visibility on social media.
SEM or search engine marketing is a method to market your works on search egines by using advertising networks such as Adwords and Bing Ads.

ahkansha

SEO: SEO is Search Engine Optimization. All SEO activities are ensuring that higher ranking in organic searches. It is low investment and high traffic

SMM: Social Media Marketing. It is handle in search campaigns pay par click .Its is high traffic and low investment.

SMO :Social Media Optimization. It is goal for optimize website and terms of sharing across social media and networking sites.

SEM: It is stands for Search Engine Marketing. SEM handle by Google, Bing, Yahoo with keywords. SEM does it paid search.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.