Are logos still necessary?

PenguinManiac

In the past, when coming up with a product, a company name or even a website, people always freaked about about finding a logo: and that's reasonable, because that makes you memorable and makes you stand out among the mass.
However, nowadays design has made huge steps forwards, and you can distinguish yourself simply by your style.

What do you think about it? Is it still necessary or can we live without it?

vishwa

Logo is considered as your identity of business. So, I think it is definitely necessary to add a logo. Logo represent your whole brand and company. People will identify your business with your logo. Big companies are paying thousands for designing a logo.

luispas

It will always be important, don't even doubt about it. Every company or brand needs its own logo, that's what identifies the product that you want to sell. It helps you to have recognition from everybody.

alexanderzx360

A company can go to success or failure depending on its marketing, and the logo is one of the most important things there. It's like the CEO, it's the main image of the company. As slogans, logos are very important nowadays where someone can click or not on your website depending if it has an interesting banner.

If you're planning on making a new company, take your time designing a logo, or even hire a professional designer to do it for you, it's really important.

Cheers!

shrinkme

I agree that a logo can be more memorable than a name. Who could forget the apple logo or chevrolet's? I even think Amazon's smile is helpful.

Reactions: Nejii

Nejii

Nejii
That's right. It's very important and I think it's helpful for a company. I am even thinking of what kind of logo am I going to use in the future if I have a business! More so, I admire those people who created logos, they're creative and they unique thinking.

Nox

I think a logo is still necessary. You need something to set your brand a part to make it easily recognisable. In the world we live in, everything is very instantaneous you only have a couple of seconds to make an impression sometimes. Whether someone interacts with your brand/business for a few seconds or a life time they need to have something that's easily recognisable to associate with your brand. In most cases, people see your logo before they get a chance to interact with the company, so you want to make it something memorable and eyes catching. Different colours and imagery invoke different emotions in people, company branding can help your customers associate your brand with positive feelings or the principles that your brand stands for.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Excellent point there. It's not simply about being memorable, it's about making customers feel something. It's conceptually close to business cards, come to think of it. It can tell much about your business and products with no need for words. I've always been fascinated by the effect colours, especially in social networks, can have on people. I remember reading very interesting articles about Facebook and its blue design and how it influenced the users' attitude and usage of the website. I believe the same could be said about logos. Great food for thought!

martindrox

Yes it's very necessary in my opinion. You want to catch eye fast and easy. After getting recognition, your logo is what will make your product more noticeable making the client feel comfortable because he already know the product. Synchronizing your logo and idea can be very helpful to your product and name. Also when people see the logo they'll know it's derivation from your product. A logo would really uproot you. So don't miss out on it!

nesir

You can still recognise Nike shoes without any name right? Logos will always be there its your first brand communication with a customer before a price , sales pitch or even your product itself , your logo speaks first. So without a logo everything with a logo will catch the eye first and sell their brand and if you are lucky enough that they didnt engage any of those brands , your logo-less product will be approached last.

kayjay77

reply: Are Logos Still Necessary

Hi PenguinManiac.

It is an ingratiating mention of yours that being memorable is within itself an asset, not a bad thing; a logo being the thing that can greatly assist with a company or a business being memorable, a logo is truly a fine thing to have for every business or entrepreneur looking to get a business off the ground and up and running. Let's take the Microsoft logo for instance. The iconic logo, along with the name has established not only a multimillion dollar corporation, yet a multibillion dollar corporation. Yes, therefore, logos are very much still a necessity for us all.

nins_809

I think logo is still necessary to establish a company or business you desire. A logo will serve as the main face for your company. It will help people to easily recognize it and will easily be remembered. So if you want it to be successful, make sure to create a logo that is catchy or attractive to the market.

Heather

It will be your identity and pride. A lot of brands people recognized just by their logo alone. So in establishing your business creative thinking is a must for creating a unique and eye catching but simple logo for your business, it should appear timeless and classic for everyone to remember it even in upcoming years. More importantly it should be significantly related to your business name to avoid confusion.

lpd2000

Absolutely. Your logo is a key component of the company image. It not only supports the name perception but could enforce your value proposition to the market. That's why it is so important to have a memorizable and high quality logo done by professional designers.

jeffrey_1984

Others may say that logo is no longer necessary nowadays. For me, having a logo in your product or business is still necessary even though we are already in a new era. Your logo represents your company as a whole. A company's logo tells what the company is all about. It is like a flag of a country and we know how important a flag is to all people living in that country because it represents them. That's how a logo is to a company or business.

botonchin

Yes, they are! Other than the fact that they are your primary attention grabbers, they are usually the easiest way to identify your products/services/establishment. So companies need to be inventive in making logos. They should be made with pride and integrity.

Barakobryan

Logo is one of the most important asset of the company, when people see the logo, they instantly know what company or brand is that.

I don't know why you ask if logo is still necessary, company without logo is like, A soul without body. People looking at your product but no one knows what brand is that product. Then let people miss judge your product and make a random guess.

What if your product get the attention of many people, And they misjudge and think it is a brand of other company. The fame will be credited to the company who people think it is.

Don't think if your company need a logo.

YOUR COMPANY NEED A LOGO!!! LOGO IS LIFE!!!

rbmm

You can't trademarK a "Style" (I don't think).

There are so many sites out there, and so many borrowed Styles, that
is it really hard to distinguish one site from another, unless the style is
really different. Simple seems to have gone out of style.

Grab that logo and brand yourself (Ouch! That sounds terrible).
If the logo seems to work for you, then get it trademarked.

Kaydeerun

Yes. It's the visual identity of your brand. But don't overstate its role. Think about the logo of McDonald's. It's just a golden M, couldn't be simpler, right?

kammy

I do think that logos are important. It is one way of strengthening the credibility of the brand. Well made logos tend to make the consumers feel that that the brand is somewhat professional. If the logo is interesting enough, it could help the clients to encourage possible clients to check out the brand you are selling.

creativespaceworld

The logo is a very important part of any business for promoting your product in the marketplace. It also carries your brand for every customer.
The logo can attract people easily to sell your product. It's also called brand identity, you know without identity there is no value in the world.
So the logo is very important.

kammy

Yes, I do think logos are one of the essential things that a company should have. See, logos add a great deal of help when it comes to branding. Sometimes, in some cases, logos could make or break a company's branding. If it is done with good taste, it could make a brand look more professional and reputable. It also makes a brand memorable which would bring or attract consumers to a certain brand.

Older threads
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies