How to get conversion with AdBlocker?

overcast

Most of the affiliate marketers are finding it hard to make some revenue. The reason being most of us are hit by the adblocker. Now our banners and the API based feeds won't be rendered due to the adblocker. And in this case we have to find other means to generate the revenue. I am finding it harder to get my conversion due to adblocker. I am finding tricks to get around it. Otherwise lot of written content would be of no use if there are no conversions. Any suggestions or tricks to bypass the adblocker for promoting affiliate links and banners?

Rob Whisonant

Adblocker is not your problem. Go ask 50 random people if they use adblocker. The vast majority won't even know what it is. I have never had a problem with adblocker. But, here are some ways to even get ads to the small percentage of people that use it.

1. Use in context ads.
2. Make the article the ad.
3. Run links through click trackers.
4. Use redirects with iframes.

I could go on and on. But, the problem some are seeing is that you just can't toss a banner in someones face and expect them to buy. People are becoming much more web savvy and are developing banner blindness.

Learn how to advertise and you will be fine.

overcast

Thank you for the suggestions. I have one testing specific blog. And I was collecting the stats for number of users using adblock. I have found that around 90% of my readers use it. So I used the script StopAdBlock. And they have reduced down to 70%. I think Opera and Firefox using built in adblocker does pose a threat. And so that's why I raised the question. I am currently using Amazon text links and Linkshare links. I found that new adblocker lists even block links on page. Hopefully I can find a way out of this with StopAdBlock.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
If your market has 90% using adblock, you are in the WRONG market. That's your problem. You are trying to sell to a group that does NOT want to be sold to. You will never make money trying to do that.

To be honest, I don't believe that 90% of any market uses adblock except the adblock market. Your numbers do not add up.

overcast

overcast
I am into Software testing tutorials market. And this market is full of people who know technical know how. So they are using the Adblocker and that's what gets registered in the Analytics. It's perfectly possible considering there are many blogs in same niche are using StopAdblock for same reason. I also have low youtube earning for same reason. Programming, Testing video niche has technically strong audience who is likely to use Adblocker.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
I'm a programmer and actually market in the same market as the one you mention. I don't see anywhere even close to 90%. Something sounds wrong here. I only see about 2% adblock use. If you are really seeing 90%, I would drop that matket fast. You are never going to make money in it.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
Hold on a second. I just saw the word tutorials...... Reading between the lines are you meaning copyrighted software sharing? As a programmer I see "software testing" but adding that word "tutorials" to it makes me think blackhat as in illegal sharing. <-- That could have a 90% adblock use rate.

Maybe you need to be a little more specific on what your market actually is to get the help you are looking for.

Judas2018

Only certain ads are blocked with ad blocking software. Most of the ads that are denied are either flagged by most other web users, or from a technology standpoint, qualify as spam or something akin to spam. I have popup blocker running when I use chrome and still see more than enough ads. They just aren't the overbearing, obnoxious ones.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.