How often should you update your website?

PenguinManiac

Depending on the kind of website you're running and what topics your posts and articles cover, you might have different needs as far as posting frequency is concerned.
News websites, for instance, especially technology-centric ones, might have to employ a daily schedule, whereas personal websites can even afford to go with a single article a week or a month.

What is your take on the matter? Do you prefer a "the more, the better" philosophy or is a "quality over quantity" policy more recommendable? How much do the topics a website addresses influence such a schedule?

jyy

I think quality content is big with SEO. Nonetheless, I don't think the speed of updating is very important. The only important thing is that the quality content eventually gets on the site and it eventually becomes big. Also, other factors like guest posting and a lot of social media activity are also massive factors - way more important than the speed of updating. Anyway, I could be wrong, though. Does anyone else have any clue as to importance of updating in SEO?

Unknown

It should always be quality over quantity and Google's algorithms always make sure of it. It isn't the old SEO ways anymore where you'd just stuff those keywords into your content, no matter how good the content actually was.

It is EXTREMELY important that you're constantly producing good, high-quality, creative and unique content if you truly want to be successful and maintain a high SEO ranking.

You will always get mixed responses when it comes to questions like this because it depends not only on the specific website, like you've said but also on your own personal opinion. Some will say post new things every day, some will say that once per week is enough.

Also, by ''update'' you mean post new content right? and not update, as in actual updating of the website? because the actual updating of the website is also important. You should be checking for broken links, building new quality ones, perhaps redesign your old and outdated pages, make sure that your websites are all mobile optimized and so on.

Either way, however you want to see it, updating is very important.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Yeah, I referred to content updating, general maintenance should have no schedule. Redesigns are good to keep your look fresh, but I think that major overhauls shouldn't take place more than a couple of times a year, you don't want to confuse your readers.

I wonder how much the frequence of updating influences SEO, too. I don't think it plays as big a role as, say, links to the website, mentions and so on, but it must have something to do with it.

Peeves

I think the matter in here is not prefer a "the more, the better" philosophy or is a "quality over quantity" policy. It's the both of them : the more quantity + the better quality. You write your favorite topics and articles everyday, your writing skill will improve quickly. In addition, the visitor would like something new on your website that make them happy and curious everyday. How do you feel if you find the website make you smile, happy and you want to read more ? Will you visit this website again tomorrow ?

Cathy

"Do you prefer a "the more, the better" philosophy or is a "quality over quantity" policy more recommendable?"

Well, Google and other search engines are looking for good quality and relevant content so definitely "quality over quantity". As you said, how often to publish new content depends on the type of website. If you are running a news or celebrity you will have to post multiple times per day to keep your content fresh. On the other hand, if you are running a website about travel, weight loss etc., several updates per week will be fine.

About SEO..
It's not a big deal for SEO if you do not publish fresh content every day, but here is how fresh content affects SEO. There is one more incentive for search engines to crawl and index your blog/website. Also, fresh content means that your readers will come back. That means more traffic, more engagements and social media sharing.

betty3

Many were saying, It's youtube, but I haven't try any of these. Out of curiosity i searched adsense on youtube, and many were saying better to have adsense, and I'm now confused. Hahaha!

tiffiecute

At least 3 times a day, morning, mid-shift and graveyard. There's no harm if you do that. At least visitors would feel that you are really serious about your site and that you are passionate about your intentions and goals.

mildredtabitha

I go with quality over quantity. A personal blog can be updated once in a while according to the needs of the writer. A website that is monetized needs to be updated very often because a large traffic means that readers are checking in daily for something new.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.