What color do you like on your logos?

luispas

Hello everyone.
I know that we all have a color (maybe a few) that we rather to see or use on our logos. Regardless of our tastes or preferences, there's something that we cannot avoid, and that's the fact of: Every color represents something different, also they all give to our subconscious a message depending on what color we see and it also can change our mood. So this is a very important theme.
I wanted to ask if you know about, if you keep this in mind to make your logos and what do you think every color means?

tim_cloudcone

I tend to use blue in most of my designs. I don't know what every color mean but I think blue shows professionalism and authority.

HazelDJ

I suggest the font would be black or dark brown then the back ground would be in light or sparkling colors. It may be golden yellow or orange. I think it will depend upon to what kind of business do you have. What is important, the colors should contrast so that the people would immediately identify your company.

anaaibachan

I like the blue personally because it makes me cool, calm, and collected. I am a short tempered person so I need to use the color blue to relax me. I believe in the power of color to enhance one's mood. Furthermore, I incorporated the color blue to my beauty, and lifestyle blog. My website bears the blue butterfly logo to represent the blog. I want my readers to feel comfortable as they are reading the articles.

I remember one time when my former boss, who's also my friend, posted different logo designs in varying colors on Facebook. She's opening a spa cafe business in her home. She needs helps in choosing the best logo to represent her business. From all the selections given, I chose the logo that is colored brown, and has a drawing of a piping hot coffee cup. I suggested a color alteration for the design and that is for her to change the color scheme. She needs to add a hint of green to the logo. Green signifies oneness with the earth, and relaxation as well. There was another logo design in the post that has a pink color, and and a silhouette of a woman's face. Personally, it's OK to use pink if the target customers are mainly women, and girls. However if I want men to get services from the spa cafe, I think it will be best to choose a color that's attractive to the XY generation.

kevinfeb4

The most prominent if not the dominant color in my logo would be blue, since it's not a very intense color, in fact a very subtle and peaceful color that almost blends perfectly with any other color. Also, it's figurative meaning isn't half bad as well as it depicts serenity, peace, and a sense of familiarity and security to an extent.

Nancy G

Hello everyone.
I know that we all have a color (maybe a few) that we rather to see or use on our logos. Regardless of our tastes or preferences, there's something that we cannot avoid, and that's the fact of: Every color represents something different, also they all give to our subconscious a message depending on what color we see and it also can change our mood. So this is a very important theme.
I wanted to ask if you know about, if you keep this in mind to make your logos and what do you think every color means?
This is an interesting question especially for marketers who are aware of the psychological effects of colors on consumers. The logo design takes into considerations a lot of factors like concept, the shape, colors, etc. to identify the company or brand, its spirit, its mission to the public.

I personally do not have any one specific color preference. I look at it on a per product or company basis. Also, primary colors are said to standout better especially in advertising. It is nice to use combination of colors for proper presentation registry and to represent the ideals of the company/brand.

Green is often associated with the environment, health issues, cleanliness, etc
Violet or purple connotes royalty, glamor, charm, mystery.
Pink is mostly related to feminity, youth for female, delicateness, fashion.
Yellow/Orange best represent feeling of happiness.
Blue represents masculinity, peace, harmony.
Red is the all-time favourite among children, associated with power, wealth, luck.

In other countries, colors are perceived or associated with good luck or bad luck.

Some companies are stuck with the same logo and colors due to wide recognition and acceptance by the public. To change it may require calculated risk unless it is necssary to revolutionalize the company and bring it to a higher level.

mdsarang

If it's my personal logo, like for watermarking my photos, I would choose either black or white. I think those are the best colors for overlays which would not ruin the overall appearance of a photo. But in other cases, in my opinion it always depend on the brand itself or product. I learned before in college that marketers use color psychology in branding and marketing, as colors has psychological effects on consumer's impression and emotions of products and services.

napukun

if it's for client, i let them choose what color they want, because i am not the one who will decide it, but i give them a suggestions
but for me i take the color blue as my color for logo because 80% of people likes the color blue and when you see the color blue it makes us calm, just like the ocean, a aquarium it makes us feel calm and very relaxing.

ecole11j

A lot of people have already mentioned blue, and I agree. There's an additional benefit to using blue though other than people seeing it as a pleasing color. Mark Zuckerberg has said that he primarily uses blue in Facebook's logo and design because he's red-green colorblind. So it has the added benefit of being a visible, striking color to a larger percentage of the public.

smartape

For me it will always depends on the kind of logo you're making. If it's for company or business I mostly use one or two sets of colors or sometimes I even go for a flat black. Although when it comes to t-shirt logos I mostly use three to four sets of colors in order to bring out the detail of what I am making.

CookieRunner

In the business world, colors create a big impact on the visual representation of a company. In big Companies and the likes, it takes hours, days or even months in order to conceptualize something like the color, the brand, the logo and what not with companie or it could just take a little time since they have all cream of the crop. They take time to do research and gather some useful information about choosing something that would make their brand / company more recognizable. Given those facts, a color could mean so many things and most of the time they use the psychology of colors and what it means.

linconcley

I like to use green color in logos but every time using same color can be bad for designing logo. Using appropriate color can make an logo so unique. Another thing is logo can not make in short time here need to think more about what material need to put in the logo. But in my way i like to use black and green.

lucyrindara

My favorite color in creating logos is green and blue because they are both cool and they don't look terrible on big or small logos that can be displayed for an event or even digital logos. I really like the green one because it symbolizes nature and helps people to get peace and calm them done, while blue is the color of ocean, a neat and power color that can be used for socializing and sharing related logos.

Mark Young

Well, the color your logo is suppose to be is a traditional marketing color. A set of promotional colors. When doing marketing you have to use certain colors. That's why I made this...

MCG-SS.jpg

Google search phrase 'Marketing Colors' and you will see what I mean about needing promotional colors. Your business colors that you choose can't just be any color you choose. You have to know what you are choosing first.

AdminKings

I like mostly soft colors which are easy on the eye but of course it completely depends on the niche. I had a horror movie website and the logo was pretty bright which stood out like a sore thumb but it worked.

RyanChapman

I hope, You have got an idea for logo color selection from this 99design infographic.

Logo Color-Infographic.jpg

TierNet

Blue seems to be a very popular choice (for good reason). In my designs I often pair orange "highlights" (for flare elements, banners, etc.) with a blue theme. Orange is almost blue's complementary color (opposite it on the color wheel) so juxtaposing the two is pleasing to the eye.

romanalexeevich198

Hi there! I in their logos prefer use blue, green, pink, Royal, white, red, Golden (a combination of these flowers). They, I think, cause more positive emotions and in different combinations with each other look very nice. And they create a certain harmony.

aneeslogoexperts

I also have the same problem but thanks for your post it is really helpful for me now my mind is clear about my company logo design and the answers of this post is so much informative and Now I understand how we decied the colors of the logo

m4rva

Hello everyone.
For me colors are subjective and for each of us a color has an individual impact, but generally accepted meaning of these are as follows:

black: mystery, elegance, death, evil, power, mourning.
blue: sadness, calm, loyalty.
green: abundance, nature, freshness.
yellow: happiness, concentration, hope.
red: passion, anger, danger, love.
white: purity, cleanness, innocence.
purple: royalty, luxury, wealth, sophistication.
cream: elegance, purity.
gray: conservative, formality.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads