Google Analytics Event tracking?

overcast

I have one blog where I mostly post the affiliate Links and I wish to track which links get clicked the most. I thought Google analytics events can be useful into this context. However the issue with these links tracking is that I have to modify each link for analytics tracking. Which I think is not the proper solution in that case. I am looking for an alternative to track the links as an events in Google Analytics. Is there any solution to track links as events without having to edit links?

eestiman

You might do it by javascript. But the link should has some attribute, by which it could be recognised. Without it, I don't know what can help you

sree31

Event tracking is fairly code driven where you need to update the javascript of each link. You can try google tag manager instead. It was created by google to track events without the need for modifying the website code every time. Once you install it on your site, you can do rest of the changes on google tag manager website.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.