Have you ever used any social media platform to get a job?

WildSpirit

The world has changed, and this is no news to anyone. The processes are all modernizing themselves at a frighteningly fast speed and this is happening in practically every place of the world. Within these modernization processes is the way most people usually look for a job these days: using the internet (although the printed resumes still be a great option, depending on where you look for a vacancy).

So, my question is just about this... Have you ever tried any job using the internet (focusing on the use of the social media platform) as a main tool? If so, how was this experience? :)

Jack_Dan

I never applied it for jobs on social media, but I got some freelance works because of my photography. I always post my photography pictures on Facebook and Instagram just to share with my friends. Someday someone contacted me because of my photography skills I got the offer for few freelance works.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
Your idea sounds great, and I'm sure it's a very popular thing where you have to work hard to be able to stand out... Am I correct? I have some friends who can make a good money the same way you do (and their results seem to be good considering all the competitiveness). But do you feel like trying to get some regular work done using Facebook? Or do not you consider that possibility?

Jack_Dan

Jack_Dan
Honestly, I never considered Facebook for regular jobs, but it's okay to find some freelance jobs or part time jobs like some projects. I think social media platform is excellent to show your skills and let other people know about it. It always helps your work to reach more people and bring some real projects to earn some handful of money.

Dhanidhamy

I once did marketing for a company on whatsapp, a customized video was made for me to advertise and convince buyers to purchase the product. For each customer I referred with my promo code, 10 percent of the price of the good bought by the customer I referred will be paid to me.

WildSpirit

Honestly, I never considered Facebook for regular jobs, but it's okay to find some freelance jobs or part time jobs like some projects. I think social media platform is excellent to show your skills and let other people know about it. It always helps your work to reach more people and bring some real projects to earn some handful of money.
Yeah! :ertery:

I think regardless of the real motivations, social media platforms are always a great / wise choice to make your skills more accessible to the people (which gives you a better chance of getting work, whether it's official or not... after all, money is money, right? :)).

I once did marketing for a company on whatsapp, a customized video was made for me to advertise and convince buyers to purchase the product. For each customer I referred with my promo code, 10 percent of the price of the good bought by the customer I referred will be paid to me.
It seems to be a good and profitable idea, but I think this work of persuasion (especially directly with other people) is something very tricky (or am I wrong?!).

So, what was your final result? Did you really make any money from it? :clap: Or did your expectations get frustrated in any way? :crazy:

blessing02

I met my current boss on Facebook. yepp, we became friends and then he sold his business idea, before long we started it online.

vishwa

I haven't used Social networks to find jobs. However most of the companies today offer jobs at social media sites especially in LinkedIn. But I think it is not so popular yet.

Kakashi2020

The world has changed, and this is no news to anyone. The processes are all modernizing themselves at a frighteningly fast speed and this is happening in practically every place of the world. Within these modernization processes is the way most people usually look for a job these days: using the internet (although the printed resumes still be a great option, depending on where you look for a vacancy).

So, my question is just about this... Have you ever tried any job using the internet (focusing on the use of the social media platform) as a main tool? If so, how was this experience? :)
Yes there are many companies whos doing recruitment and headhunting in different social medias. In Facebook for instance, companies maintain pages n groups with links to their main website, it's an effective tool since there's a lot of jobseekers who are Facebook regulars. I got a job a couple of years back via Facebook.

Wiredphase

I have searched on Linkedin and got job through profile updation in Linkedin
There are many other job portals, depends on which country are you from.

AdminKings

I havent applied directly but I have looked at companies profiles as some advertise vacancies on there and I have applied externally. So yes it can be helpful if you’re unemployed or looking for a career change.

sagarleo1

Experience on finding Jobs on Social Media.

Yes, LinkedIn is the best way to get a job and you can also apply from Facebook, Instagram and other social media account. I think people only look on Internet only to find the jobs. And the social media is one of the main tool now a days.

About my experience in job from the Internet, I am doing it right now and the experience is also pretty good, Just do some research on company profile before joining.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.