Best ways to earn some side money as a student?

PenguinManiac

Students have it kind of hard when it comes to earn money. They don't have enough time to dedicate themselves to a full-time job, and that alone puts a lot of restrictions upon them, considering how few businesses can afford to offer part-time (especially on a local base) compared to the whole market.
That is why making money online can be a blessing, at times. The revenue is much lower, sure, but that doesn't mean that they can't save some side money for occasional purchases.

What do you think are the best options for students? Should they focus on minor websites of the likes of Earnhoney or Swagbucks, or would running a blog/website with payed ads be more convenient on the long run? They can be hard to set up and it's hard to get started, but their progressively less demanding care (well, not completely true, but you can get more flexible, at the very least) could be ideal for such a schedule.

vishwa

Well There are many ways a student can make money online from their leisure time. I have also make some money when I was in collage. You have identify what you like to do. For example My passion was writing articles and website design. So, I have started working as a freelance and created my blog. This way I am able to make some money from it.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
I agree with the passion part, no point in focusing on something you don't like, especially if you're planning
to make money out of it. And damn, were you able to handle a blog and commissions at the time? That's impressive! (Or did you work on your projects at your own pace?)

Maria_C

Try article writing if your English is good and you have a good imagination. Else if you have any skill worth selling, check fiverr.com. Spend some time on the site and setup your profile with your portfolio sample. There crypto-trading if you have some cash to invest as well.

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Yeah, I knew Fiverr and it looks like a good website. There's tough competition, but, like everywhere else, dedication will get you anywhere (and it's about time I get started, I'd say).
I've also heard about crypto-trading, but it has always looked shady to me. Trading is tricky, and at this level it resembles gambling a little too much for my tastes. If you're informed about the subject, could you please tell me if it's truly so?

galegatling

I think one of the best way is being a freelancer. You just have to find yourself a good niche and enhance it in any way you can. For instance, you can do blogging or copy writing. And most of all, do not forget to make a portfolio because freelancing clients like to see some of your works or experiences before they hire you so that they can assure that you can deliver.

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Ryan_132

I know exactly where you are coming from, I recently graduated college. Most people didn't have part-time jobs or anything like that, some people did. I mean if you think you can handle a part-time job at your local pizza place, fast food restaraunt etc. you will probably be able to make the most money that way, spending the least amount of time. Personally I only worked part time in school for the first year. After that I decided I'd rather just focus on school and be able to have some fun and not be working every weekend. Anyways if you can start a website or a blog on the side and make a little money that would be really cool too. I regret not doing that :/ I was a marketing major so it would of been really helpful if I had more digital marketing experience on the resume. In the long run it is worth being a little broke and coming out of college with really good grades!

vinaya

What kind of skills you as a student have? If you can write well, you can start blogging and make money by having network ads on your blog. If you cannot write article, still you are good at writing, the best way to make money from your skill is by working on paid forums. You can write few lines and make upto 10 cents per comment. If you have one hour tp spare you can easily make $2-$3 every day from forum posting.
If you have skills such as designing, programing etc. you can use fiverr and upwork to sell your skills and make money

Cathy

Making money online is a great way for students to earn some extra cash.
Here are some online jobs which are easy to do and doesn't require a lot of experience:

1. Data Entry - find jobs through these sites: Clickworker, VirtualBee
2. Freelance Writer
3. Freelancer on Fiverr
4. Virtual Assistant
5. Transcriptionist - you can apply here: Transcribeme

joegirl

You can start with forum posting. This allows you to grow as you not only earn, but you learn as well and can become an expert very quickly in a particular niche.

If you are very good with a camera (which most young people seem to be good at:ertery:), you can also think about selling your high quality photos on Amazon or Shutterstock. You can create a photo e-book and upload on Amazon. There are also a few apps that pays for high quality photos.

PenguinManiac

Making money online is a great way for students to earn some extra cash.
Here are some online jobs which are easy to do and doesn't require a lot of experience:

1. Data Entry - find jobs through these sites: Clickworker, VirtualBee
2. Freelance Writer
3. Freelancer on Fiverr
4. Virtual Assistant
5. Transcriptionist - you can apply here: Transcribeme
Wow, these look interesting. I know Clickworker and I even went through the whole procedure to get it, but I ultimately dropped it because of the (presumably initial) lack of tasks. I should have waited a little more.
Transcription and virtual assistance sound intriguing, though. What does "virtual assistant" refer to, exactly? Is that a sort of online customer service or...?

If you are very good with a camera (which most young people seem to be good at:ertery:), you can also think about selling your high quality photos on Amazon or Shutterstock. You can create a photo e-book and upload on Amazon. There are also a few apps that pays for high quality photos.
That's new to me! I'm not that great of a photographer, but I get some nice shots from time to time and I could get better with some practise. I'm sure some friends of mine will be extremely interested by this, too!

Cathy

Well..yes.
Virtual assistants provide various levels of customer service, answer calls and emails, type documents, take notes and something like that.

TopHatSEO

There are plenty of ways that you could earn short term money. Freelancing is a good for that. If you have design, programming or even writing skills then you should be able to make a reasonably good amount of money.

But... because you are young I would suggest that an even better approach is to try something a little more ambitious. For example try building out a website and then selling it for a profit. What you'll learn about web design, how to get traffic, conversion optimisation, UI and monetisation will be invaluable.

If you can make the website even modestly profitable you''l be able to sell it for a good multiple of monthly earnings on a site like Empire Flippers or Flippa.

manoaratefy

I'm a student and currently I'm earning money by these ways:
1- Selling digital products online
As digital products doesn't need too much investment.With these types of products, you don't mind about how you can deliver them around the world. And once time you have one of them, you can copy-paste it at any time so you don't have to mind how you will produce continuously the product.

For me, I've just purchased a reseller hosting package, configured WHMCS to make ordering process 100% automatic, put all applications I've created on the hosting package, created a way to order them instantly and now I'm making money with free hands. Of course, I have to assist my customers (by replying tickets) but in just 2 months of hard work, I did get enough revenue to engage peoples for helpdesk.

2- Writing articles
Here is my 2nd revenue. I'm writing for some blogs for a few dollars per article. I've found customers from freelancer marketplace websites.

3- Create blogs
And because I have way to host blogs, the knowledge to write articles, I've decided to launch some blogs and write on them. Currently I didn't really make money on because as a student I cannot write many articles (just a few articles, and many of them are for my customers so my blog is out on new content at this time).

galegatling

galegatling
Hi! May I ask what freelance marketplace websites are you referring to? And how did you get your first client? I am also trying to write articles and blogs but it seems that nobody is interested. :/

vinaya

vinaya
You seem to be already doing great. You are a student but you don't seem a novice when it comes to make money online. You say you doing reseller hosting. Since couple of months, I have often brooded over this idea, however, I have not found courage to start a reseller hosting. I don't think I can attract customers.
However, I am doing good with websites and blogs

JoeMilford

PenguinManiac,

I want to thank you for asking this question because the discussion which it generated has given me so many ideas about how to enhance my income online. I am currently struggling with getting people to click on the ads at the blogs I've created in order to generate income. This is a bit tough--it's one thing to get the traffic there; it's another thing to get people interested in your "sponsors".

Xperienced

There are so many ways to earn online, but as a student you should consider the rigor involved in the course you're studying. I'll advice a student who wants to earn and still maintain a good academic records to start with forum posting on forums like postloop. You can learn the online world from forum posting. You'll learn from professionals and even get good networking through that. If you are the type good in any digital skill like graphics design, programming or web design, you'll make more than someone who works full time. Check fiverr to see what you can do. I have a very effective tutorial guide on how to earn on fiverr. I earn there now. I don't advice running a blog, because it can involve a lot of time when you're starting out.

Arnesto

I saw there are a lot of people on upwork that just do general jobs, like going over excel sheets and marking things or checking expiration date for lists of domains. And they make a few dollars for every job so in the end of the month they make a nice profit.

tenthztar

I would suggest on selling your expertise or skills in freelancing sites and i would definitely suggest that you start a blog. Why blog? Because you can earn money from it just being yourself. You can make tutorials and reviews of certain things that you have access to. Making a you tube channel would be good to since everybody loves animation with narrations nowadays.

Rebara19

Although students have to dedicate some of their time into studying they also have a lot of general knowledge of several various topics, which can come handy when they choose to write about it. Many magazines or individuals seek for experienced or educated writers. Writing is a great means of earning money as there are peole that don´t require a specific writing style as magazines do and are willing to pay pieces of lower quality.

johnrajiv123

Online surveys does not really pay much thus I think they are not worth your time. If you have a good internet connection at home and well versed in the English language, then you might want to try being an online English teacher. I had a good experience teaching online. One thing I enjoyed the most apart from the somewhat reasonable amount of money they pay was that I had the freedom to conduct lessons whenever I wanted which I think suits a student like you.

Joie

If you love to bake, why not make some and sell it to your classmates and schoolmates? Be a Tutor, especially if you're an education major, it is like hitting two birds with one stone, you get to earn while doing what you like. Sell some old stuff you have, it would be put to good use.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.