How to Improve Forum SEO

joegirl

High ranking forum posts is one way to improve SEO for any forum community. An interesting topic or current trend to kick-start the conversation followed by engaging and lively interaction from forum members.

Are you a forum administrator? What has worked for you in improving your forum SEO?

rage35

I am admin of a forum but I am still starting. As what you did, I need to maintain quality posts to all the topics created. I usually advertise my forum on some other forums as well to drive more traffic.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
High ranking forum posts is one way to improve SEO for any forum community. An interesting topic or current trend to kick-start the conversation followed by engaging and lively interaction from forum members.

Are you a forum administrator? What has worked for you in improving your forum SEO?
SEO for a forum is not different from SEO for a website or blog, of course is it still needs high quality content and backlinks but forums can grow faster because it has an advantage is a community where everyone joins and discussing that will help your forum more active and content always is updated daily.

jyy

The best SEO for a forum, or for that matter, a blog and website also is guest posting, quality writing, and a huge social media presence. However, though, such a thing won't be cheap for sure. Nonetheless, sometimes you can get guest posting for free. Anyway, there are some lesser methods for SEO that involve using directories, forum signatures, and blog comment backlinks. Note, sometimes these ways work somewhat, but a lot of times they are viewed as spammy.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
There are more good info in this post but you didn't explain in details. I would ask for extra questions.

The best SEO for a forum, or for that matter, a blog and website also is guest posting, quality writing, and a huge social media presence. However, though, such a thing won't be cheap for sure.
Of course, not cheap for sure, how to determined the pricing for a guest blog post because I received many requests for guest blog posts on my blogs but not sure If I accept their blog posts, how much should I charge? do you have experience on calculating this?

Nonetheless, sometimes you can get guest posting for free.
Do you believe free guest posting is worth and valuable for SEO.
Of course we know, free ones will be used by more people thus the quality of them can be decreased. But here is free guest post, we can be accepted or not by blog owner.

Anyway, there are some lesser methods for SEO that involve using directories, forum signatures, and blog comment backlinks.
Which method is the best in this list?

Note, sometimes these ways work somewhat, but a lot of times they are viewed as spammy..
Why and why it viewed as spammy?
I would like to know to avoid.

jyy

jyy
I think blog posts that are free should be in exchange for blog posts of equal value, in that way you cannot be cheated. Anyway, though, if they are not free, then the current way to judge value would involve the domain authority metric from the Moz toolbar.

Oh, by the way, in regards to forum signatures, blog comments, and directories, I think the quality depends on the website. For instance, you wouldn't want back-links from low quality forums, blogs, and directories. It's as simple as that and finally, I cannot really say, assuming they are all high quality, which one would be the best. Anyone have an idea?

ProSeoPackages

A good forum doesn't need any SEO :). Big communities are different when it comes to "SEO". They rely on unique content created by their users, and on other important factors, such as how long visitors spend on the site.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.