• QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks

Are you dependent on social media?

I think that the social media has a lot of positives in connecting people, becoming highly dependent on social media can have adverse effects. Individuals who are too reliant on those social media sites can cause them to unlearn their social skills and make fake relationships, which in the real world it appears that we have less communication with people and weak relationships.
    I am not addicted to any social media platform yet, but I must admit that I am spending a lot of time socializing there!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wallet For This Useful Post:
    centurion (07-03-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 6/0
    Thanks
    Mostly I use social media to generate traffics for my websites and blogs. Other than that I'm only connected to my real friends and family members. There are always two sides to every story, and social media also has bad and good sides of it. It totally up to you which side you want to choose. I write articles most of the time, so my primary focus is to use social media tools to get more readers and subscribers for my niche. I don't use social media for actual relationship purposes.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    With regards to marketing my blogs, yes I am very dependent on social media platforms. With the right knowledge and know-how, teh use of social media can work wonders for an online business. Especially if you are just starting out. I make full use of the fact that it's free.

I am currently fine-tuning my target market using Facebook and Instagram.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 74/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wallet View Post
    I think that the social media has a lot of positives in connecting people, becoming highly dependent on social media can have adverse effects. Individuals who are too reliant on those social media sites can cause them to unlearn their social skills and make fake relationships, which in the real world it appears that we have less communication with people and weak relationships.
    I am not addicted to any social media platform yet, but I must admit that I am spending a lot of time socializing there!
    I am fully dependent on social media for the last 10 years. I have got huge friends from online to real life and I have seen that they are all real minded . They have never tried to make any hamper of me.

Thanks
    Centurion

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Thanks
    I have seen that most people got depended by social media these days from various reasons, advertise, having fun or just to socialize.
    Thank you all of you for your answers to my post and wish you a beautiful day!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/0
    Thanks
    Well personally I don't use any social networks, but my business relies heavily on social network traffic. But as an online marketer you are always depending on some source of traffic. Whether it is Google, Ads or in my case social media. The most important thing is to have a diversified profile. Earn money from SEO, from Ads and Social Media. If any traffic channels changes you will still have other income sources.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ergoprime For This Useful Post:
    centurion (07-04-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergoprime View Post
    Well personally I don't use any social networks, but my business relies heavily on social network traffic. But as an online marketer you are always depending on some source of traffic. Whether it is Google, Ads or in my case social media. The most important thing is to have a diversified profile. Earn money from SEO, from Ads and Social Media. If any traffic channels changes you will still have other income sources.
    Social media has been playing an important role for the generation of traffic from social media website to your personal website. Social media optimization back links are also playing important role for the position up of website on search engine result page,
    search engine page rank and life time traffic generation to your website.

For getting more sale on your fiverr sale you can use social media platform.

Thanks
    Centurion

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Thanks
    I'm not so addicted to social media, but, comically most of the people I interact with are on forums. Nonetheless, it's just the way it is and I don't take things too personally. It's all just business. Anyway, for future marketing of any website, I wouldn't rely totally on social media but I'd also try to focus on guest posting and - if the budget allows, also paid ads on Facebook, Google, and Bing. Being too dependent on social media would make one sick of it. You know, like how eating the same food all the time ruins the fun.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/1
    Given: 21/0
    Thanks
    I guess I am somewhat dependent but not to any extreme measures like an addiction. I know when to turn my phone or computer off and have some fun in the real world as well.

The one that I personally love using (even without any business aspect) is Twitter. I don't know why but the whole design and interaction fits me. I have many friends that I've gotten to know over the social media and some I even now met in real life. It really depends how you see and treat it. It can have bad consequences but also the great positive ones.

I do love the amazing effects of turning social media platforms to your own advantage in terms of advertising and promotion. I believe that it's the right way to go now, along with SEO. I've had great results using it and I don't plan on stopping

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Unknown For This Useful Post:
    centurion (07-17-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/0
    Thanks
    Google is my #1 source of traffic. About 80 percent of traffic I get come from google search. After Google, Social media is my main traffic source. However, in order to generate traffic from social media, I need to promote my contents on social media, without any promotion, I will not be receiving any traffic. In order to make most from social media, I need to promote my links on various social media platforms. Sharing on social media is not enough, I also need to actively interact on the post. Social media is very demanding.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    I have 2 accounts for Facebook and Twitter. I separate them for different purposes. Facebook for my family members and relatives is the place where we gossip and chat. Another Facebook account is solely for promoting my post url links in order to attract external traffic to my site. The applies for Twitter too.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peachpurple View Post
    I have 2 accounts for Facebook and Twitter. I separate them for different purposes. Facebook for my family members and relatives is the place where we gossip and chat. Another Facebook account is solely for promoting my post url links in order to attract external traffic to my site. The applies for Twitter too.
    This is clearly mentioned from Facebook that you can make only one account from per IP. You can make huge pages for your product promotion. But maintain of 2 Facebook account will make you one account banned any time from Facebook authorization. In that case if you lose your family account that will be a great loss. So my suggestions to you to close the product promotion or URL publishing account.

Thanks
    Centurion

Quote Originally Posted by vinaya View Post
    Google is my #1 source of traffic. About 80 percent of traffic I get come from google search. After Google, Social media is my main traffic source. However, in order to generate traffic from social media, I need to promote my contents on social media, without any promotion, I will not be receiving any traffic. In order to make most from social media, I need to promote my links on various social media platforms. Sharing on social media is not enough, I also need to actively interact on the post. Social media is very demanding.
    Social media book mark or back link and social media optimization can generate huge traffic for your website. Social media book mark and social media optimization- these 2 types of back link will generate huge traffic for the life time from several sources, will increase your website position on search engines and will play an important role for your website page rank.

Thanks
    Centurion

Newer Threads

1. joshmoy
    sree31
    Replies: 2 | Views: 100
    Last post by sree31, 07-06-2017, 04:02 PM
  2. PenguinManiac
    Irma
    Replies: 13 | Views: 374
    Last post by Irma, 07-07-2017, 05:14 AM
  3. joshmoy