Are we confusing Google with our internal linking?

andrewskyler

I decided to give importance to one of our top pages as it has "keyword" in it's slug like website.com/keyword. So I internally linked even from different sub-domain pages more than homepage to rank for that "keyword". But this page didn't show up in Google results for that "keyword"; neither homepage, but our login page is ranking. I wonder why login page is ranking. Has our internal linking plan confused Google to ignore homepage to rank for that primary keyword? And generally do I need to internally link homepage more than anyother page?

jennypitula

No internal linking never makes Google Confused, most importantly it is good for SEO as link juices can be passed to the each pages of entire websites. But why you mentioned page is not ranking for this keyword it is different issue according to my opinion, I suffest that you should optimize those keywords in OnPage and then use those keywords in Off Page activities to to ranking in SERP. For Login Page you have to disallow the admin folder, So Google can not crawl and index the admin part.

jyy

I doubt if Google is that hung up on little details. Note, instead of focusing on that stuff, I'd worry about social media, quality content, and guest posting. Also, I would be concerned about the avoidance of link buying and the temptation to focus on blog comments on blogs that are obviously swamped with bloggers. Anyway, I don't think that's much of a problem nowadays as most people know blog commenting doesn't work these days.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.