Trying to understand how to create traffic from Pinterest: is it like a long tail strategy?

wa2b

I'm posting on lots of group boards but I'm getting just a few saves and low clicks.
Is the big idea to post enough pins so that the accumulation of average saves per pin end up generating traffic?

Cathy

Hello,

Well..
this is a long-term process. In the beginning, you may not get any spectacular results. But over time you are going to start to see the results.

Here is an idea how to get more traffic fast:
You can make a contest board. Run contests directly on your website. Then pin it to your contest specific board on Pinterest. Contests are very engaging, and will drive a lot of traffic to your website.

wa2b

Thanks for the ideas.
I'm trying to see if I can set a steady course towards building traffic that I can count on.

Ergoprime

You have to participate in a lot of group boards, post regularly great pins that are optimized and be very specific regarding your niche. I will publish a thread about Pinterest growth in a few days to explain everything in detail, but feel free to ask!

And yes...it's a long term thing. Some of my 4 month old pins bring more traffic than new ones, so keep going!

wa2b

wa2b
Thanks

I think that my no1 problem is understanding what makes the ideal pin. It has to be perfectly targeted, highly shareable, and highly clickable due to a call to action of some kind that will trigger the click.
I'm a jewelry designer so it's hard to know what the ideal pin would be. I post pretty photos of my pieces with nice quotes on them, but it doesn't promote clicking much. My thinking was that because of the quotes at least my pins would have lots of saves, since people like quotes a lot.
Should I begin producing content? Post articles on my site like "12 ways to wear pearls.." kind of thing? Am I going to have to turn into a blogger? What other kind of pin can I make?
Problem no2 is finding, identifying and joining the right group boards. I've joined 200+ boards but they only bring a few repins, so they're obviously not the ones I should be in.
My top performing board has 250k followers and has brought me 7 saves, whereas my own board which has 43 followers got 250 saves, so my group boards are pretty worthless.
I've checked the competition and they aren't in great group boards either. I've found big bloggers in that niche and they are on a few authority boards. However these boards have very few contributors, mostly bloggers, and it seems very hard for me to join. They want good content, not a retailer posting his items. Should I start producing content hoping to join these boards?
Then there's knowing how to market that ideal pin. Some will use satellite accounts with scheduling apps. I'm still in the fog on that part but it's essential.

Not easy...

Ergoprime

Ergoprime
Creating content is always a good option to generate interested customers. You could make a blog about trendy jewelries that celebrities wear right now. Concentrate on pictures and not too much on text. Make galleries, a bit clickbait articles + celebrities is a great way to boost your traffic. Posting only pics with your products and quotes is barely enough.

You have to create different kinds of content to see which of these convert best with sales and traffic.

Regarding your problem with group boards: Yeah, some group boards have a lot of follower, but only low engagement. You have to test them with different pins to see which work best. Furthermore how often do you promote your own pins via group boards? How often do you upload pins per week?

I would recommend you to create at least 7 good looking images with different content per week(1 Quote with your product, 1 collage with people wearing your jewelry, 1 about celebrities, etc...) and promote each of them in 10-20 group boards PER DAY!

wa2b

Yes definitely going to try the content, even though it's so time consuming.
Thinking about it, I wonder if Pinterest isn't better suited for article covers (images that introduce more content), and Instagram for product shots.

vinaya

Pinterest is pin board like social media, where you pin images from webpages. When some one clicks your pin, they will land on your web page. If they stay on the page for a while and interact with the contents (click ads, vists links), you will earn money.
You can also do affiliate marketing through Pinterest. Pin images of affiliate products and provide a link to the affiliate network site, when people check your affiliate link and buy the product you will earn money.

Diana Bitter

Hey,

The first thing you should do on Pinterest is to register with a Business Account. After that, as I said in my previous posts - the content is crucial - I will say over and over again - Story matters! Also your pins should be helpful, detailed, interesting and actionable.

Another thing, timing is everything - you have to pin at the right moment. Also you have to pin wisely - chose the pictures that reaaally catch people’s eyes.

Maybe the most important of it, preserve to succeed. You must have patience. Affiliate marketing is a long-term-process.

And finally, dont forget to monetize your traffic. :smart:

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.