Looking to create a niche blog, how much I can expect?

manoaratefy

Hello everyone!

After looking at some threads in this forum (and in other forums), I'm decided to create a niche blog.

I will create a blog about web hosting. Mainly, it will be a review website. I'll put affiliate links on to get commissions, but I'll use also AdSense (or any alternative if you suggest others) to make money. In the first 3 months, I will not put any banners on the website. I'll just use affiliate links to make money.

As I'm very busy, I can only write 1 article or 2 per week. But I think I can advertise it in Facebook groups and in some forums, I can also do guest posts sometimes.

So, my question is:
- How much traffic I can expect after 6 months ?
- How much money can I get per month starting to the 6th month ?

And a last question. Some peoples know I own a web hosting business. So, should the blog owner (me) stay anonymous?

RenderedElite

This depends on the topics, and the amount of people who see it on Facebook.... but probably 500-1k unique visitors a month to answer your first question. How much money? well, this depends, maybe $100.

I am giving you very low amounts, because realistically, you can't expect much from only 1-2 articles per week starting from scratch.

I don't think it matters if you stay anonymous, this is completely up to you. Does the blog go well with your personal brand, is it something you want to be known for? or is it just something you want to have on the side for an extra source of income?

Cathy

Hi,

Even though, web hosting is a competitive niche, you can still refer people and earn a lot of money. If you have your own web hosting business that's great!

How much traffic you'll get after 6 months depends on how you're planning to get your traffic. If you're on the budget and can't afford paid traffic, participate in the communities where your audience already gathers. In your case you can try with internet marketing forums. They get a lot of targeted traffic because there are many people who want to start building their first website, which means they will need quality hosting.

Your earnings will depend on how much traffic you will get and how that traffic will convert.

I do not think you should stay anonymous especially because you own your own web hosting. Also, people will trust you more if they know who is writing a blog.

Good luck!

manoaratefy

100$ per month is enough for me. Let see it in real condition. But last thing, I did found great deal for .review domain name. Should I order 5 years .review or 1 year .com?

vinaya

You never know how much traffic or money you will generate from your website. This is not like you added 2 on 2 and got 4. There is no sureshot formula on this. You need to do SEO, however, SEO does not gurantee traffic, it just increases the possibility to get more traffic. Backlinks are necessary to get better rank on the search engine. When you rank high, you get more traffic. However, backlink also just increases the chances, and does not gurantee you the traffic.
You are doing affiliate marketing, how much money you can make depends how many customers you can attract.

vishwa

Your success will depends on how much time you give to your niche website. Web hosting review site is quite popular niche and have good competition. So, you have to work hard and add quality review posts on regular basis. You also have to work hard on your blog SEO to rank better in search engines. Since you are managing a web hosting site than there is no reason you hide yourself. Being a web hosting company owner you have a good amount of knowledge in it and people will trust you.

schttrj

I have been into niche marketing, and it is really not that easy to chalk out the EXACT FIGURES like you want.

Come to think about it, it is not possible for any kind of business you enter in.

You can never predetermine...you can only predict.

If you are at the high end, you might earning six figures in a month. Yes, that's true and I know a couple of my acquaintances do it.

If you are at the low end, you might end up quitting after seeing zero figures for the next 6 months.

You get the picture, right?

However what I can tell you is, take this as a business, not as a quick moneymaking opportunity.

Figure out your business strategy.

Judge your market.

How much does a regular target consumer spends on your product?

What is the average price rate of the product?

What can you cross-sell, up-sell or down-sell?

You can do all these calculations on the back of a napkin.

But yes, BE REALISTIC. Don't live in a bubble, please.

Ergoprime

Hello everyone!

After looking at some threads in this forum (and in other forums), I'm decided to create a niche blog.

I will create a blog about web hosting. Mainly, it will be a review website. I'll put affiliate links on to get commissions, but I'll use also AdSense (or any alternative if you suggest others) to make money. In the first 3 months, I will not put any banners on the website. I'll just use affiliate links to make money.

As I'm very busy, I can only write 1 article or 2 per week. But I think I can advertise it in Facebook groups and in some forums, I can also do guest posts sometimes.

So, my question is:
- How much traffic I can expect after 6 months ?
- How much money can I get per month starting to the 6th month ?

And a last question. Some peoples know I own a web hosting business. So, should the blog owner (me) stay anonymous?
That's impossible to say. It depends on your niche, how much/good SEO you make, in how many FB groups you daily post, how you promote your offer in forums, how good your reviews are, on your traffic sources and products.

Forget doing it for the short term. You probably won't make much money if you think for the short term. If you made $10 you didn't fail. Think about how to improve it. Need more traffic? Need more people to click on your links? Conversion rate low? Track your results and WORK WORK WORK on improving it.

The first time is always the hardest. My first niche site needed about 6 months to earn me $20. After another 6 months I earned $300 per week without doing ANYTHING! The most important part in IM is: LEARN LEARN LEARN and WORK WORK WORK.

Concentrate on the long term and don't give up!

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads