Do you think working with friends on social media marketing is a good idea?

RespectTheInternet

Have any of you worked with your friends on social media? What do you think of this idea? I know that sometimes it is not best to mix business with pleasure. Do you think that working with a friend can ruin that friendship? I remember hosting a Facebook page with a friend years ago, and we disagreed on everything, from the font to even the title. Our idea fell apart, unfortunately, because we had different targets in mind. In my opinion, you should be wary of who you pick as your business partner even if they're your friend.

vinaya

I have worked with friends on social media. By working in tandem we promoted each other works, interacted on each other posts, which increased the social media conversion.
We even went higher by creating a group and having all common friends on that group and asking the members to share each other's post. This brought a lot of traffic to everyone's websites and webpages.

RespectTheInternet

RespectTheInternet
Hmm. I guess your situation was better than mine. Of course, you must've had terrific friends. You were fortunate. Indeed, you can work with friends. Just make sure they've got your back, and you've got theirs. Also, keep NO secrets. You don't want to do that because stuff won't end well.

Ergoprime

Have any of you worked with your friends on social media? What do you think of this idea? I know that sometimes it is not best to mix business with pleasure. Do you think that working with a friend can ruin that friendship? I remember hosting a Facebook page with a friend years ago, and we disagreed on everything, from the font to even the title. Our idea fell apart, unfortunately, because we had different targets in mind. In my opinion, you should be wary of who you pick as your business partner even if they're your friend.
Personally I wouldn't make business with friends. Heard from many people how bad this ends.

Kharyode

Seriously I don't think I can do that. Have heard stories on how people are been scammed online in the name of doing business.

sree31

It depends on whether they're in the same industry, or whether they can bring potential customers. If they can't bring potential customers, both they and their social network is useless to your business. Similarly, if they're in a different industry, then their social network will also consist of people not related to your industry, and are therefore useless for your business.

yoyoalben0

I also worked with my friends in social media. most of them are success, i quit awhile ago because i wanted to have a day job, then a friend contacted me and here we are again. it's nice if you can earn a little bit of money from time to time. but of course i hate stressing myself out.

Angel07

Sincerely I don't like to work with my friends on social media, I think it's odd and I like to do things my way, it's embarrassing when you disagree on something but don't know how to talk about it because you're afraid of hurting your friend's feelings or ruin the friendship, it also happened once that I got pressured to sell a particular product to my friends on facebook but none of my friends were interested in that kind of product, it was a very awkward situation, not a good experience at all, so in my opinion it's not a good thing to do.

stoneman

Sure is nice to work with a friend if only your friend has more motive or same with you, because if he doesn't know anything related to your service, then you don't have to employ him you just have to let him be and go for someone you don't even know that has an idea on what you want to work on, and employ him to come and work with you if you can't afford to do it alone...

manmad

It really depends on the type of friend you're working with. There are people who show their true colors when there is something in for them, for example if you have a successful social media profile and they are just beginning, they'd probably want to get some starting boost and then forget about you. However if you have a good trustworthy friend, then why not, two people are always better than one, because that's twice the work at the same time and different people have different contacts too.

JoeMilford

Mixing your personal relationships with business relationships is ALWAYS a risk. The "friends" you are working with have to be trustworthy and very mature, of course, if they are going to be able to discern boundaries which are necessary for proper business ethics and behaviors. I think I would always discourage working with friends in competitive business ventures because things can get ugly.

I completely agree--it is just too risk and you might lose your friends. You may also lose your business because of your friends.

Good point here--you never know the business that your friends are bringing to yours in their networks--you have to have an incredibly accurate communication with your friends to understand how their business is affecting yours--this is hard to do.

pizzalover

It depends, first of all, you have to talk with your friends and see if you want the same thing, All should agree with what all want.
I worked with my best friends and it was a great experience.
You have to talk clearly with your friends before anything and remember no one it is perfect so everyone can make a mistake, but with good communication between you and your friends, you can resolve Anything.

SirenOnFire

I think that this is actually a really idea as long you agree to a consensus. You think first about the possible pros and cons and the degree on which you can help out each other. Try to make sure that no miscommunication could happen. After all, a good friendship is really hard to find, and I believe most people would agree that you cannot exchange that with money.

Aryan

I think it's not a good idea, but if you are in same field you can help each other. I suggest you, don't bound yourself in friend zone or safe zone, as @RespecttheInternet indicate both will uses each other's back. But imagine, if you both have different clients what will you do?

anor0428

Well it depends, but for me, I would not choose working with friends on social media. I have heard a lot of complications from other people who partnered business not only on social media but also outside social media. I dont think it would be healthy for the friendship to risk it on business.

Heatman

Well, I think it's a matter of the kind of friends you pick and also how you choose your friends. Do you choose friends very easily without making sure that they pass some test in order to decide if they are worth making your friends? There are all the things you have to consider before making someone your friend.

And I would like to give an important advice, don't trust friends easily. It's said that only those that you call your friends would have to power of killing you without you seeing it coming. This because you have already made them your friends and never expected them to hurt you, but in reality, they are the ones that have the highest possibility of killing you.

So therefore, choose your friends wisely and mind those you make your business partners.

RAQ

Working with a friend is like a two-edged sword. For me it works both ways. It may strengthen your friendship or it may destroy it. I think the best thing to do when you and your friend decided to work together is to really talk through each and every little detail there is to discuss and be open about anything. When you feel that during these discussions that you have a little doubt on the partnership, I think it's best to move a step back first and study more on the business. There are other successful partnerships so I cannot really say that it's not a good idea.

lucykups

"Working with a friend is like a two-edged sword" I totally agree with this, if you guys are really close and both of you think like twins then it may work, you can both fix your flaws and make things better or you can simply destroy the business and even the friendship. Its risky, but it also makes you more passionate on what you're doing because you're not doing it alone, and you're doing it with someone you like, which is your friend. The best way is to slightly separate friendship with business, so best thing to do with the business is both be professionals :)

AmieBotella

When you decided to do business with your friend, just be sure you are on the same page. Before venturing into a more in depth partnership, it is important to go through details of what you want and what the other want. Make a list of things you plan and collaborate with your partner. When you feel or find our you are both crafted on different side of business ideas, then it is not advisable to push through with the partnership. There are successful partnership out there but we don't really know the hurdles that partnership went through that made it become successful so you cannot say that it is not advisable to have a friend as a partner when doing business.

tenthztar

Yes, it's pretty fun working with a friend rather than a stranger. It may be hard if you get problems and your friendship gets involved. You might destroy your friendship or either strengthen it by every problems you face.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.