Don't Get Traffic From Pinterest? See This!

Ergoprime

There is a lot about Pinterest on this forum, but a lack of great guides that help newbies to earn their first dollars with Pinterest. I will use my knowledge to cover the biggest myths about Pinterest and tell you how to grow your account the fast way.

The most common mistake about Pinterest is the believe that follower equals traffic. But that’s wrong!

Pinterest doesnt give a sh*t about your followers. In fact only 10-20% of your follower even see your pins. Just take a look:

Only 253 of my 1500 follower saw my Pins on average last month. Now take a look at my whole audience:

Nearly 150.000 people saw my pins. Nice isnt it?

Yes, the traffic is still small, but Pinterest is for the long-term and the traffic is growing fast!

Today I will share with you some “secret tips” that arent secret at all. My pics prove that you can reach 100.000 people on your first month, if you know what you are doing. So dont waste anymore time and let’s start:

The first thing you HAVE to do is to create a Business account. Not because it’s cool or hip or legitimate for a business. You need it to get these fine Analytic Tools that you saw in my images.

I wont explain you how to get a business account. Just use google. There are plenty of videos and blog posts about it. But you have to realize, that you NEED a business account.

I am not creative with names, so let’s call my method “Main-Niche-Subniche-Strategy”. It isnt new or very complicated. It’s simple, but yet many people dont realize it, because they dont know how Pinterest actually works.

Pinterest is about creating specific boards that cover specific pins. I will show you what you need to do:

Main-Board of Your Niche

The first thing that you are going to do is to create a board that covers all topics of your niche. A “main-board”. If you are in the food niche, you are going to name your board “Tasty Recipes”.

You dont have to be very specific with the niche yet, but it needs to be able to cover everything that fits in your niche.

It’s important that your board is named after your niche. It doesnt have to be very specific yet.

Do you have a website about chocolate recipes or do you sell chocolate? Name your board “Chocolate Creations” or “Chocolate Recipes”. I hope you know what i mean...

Creating Your Niche-Boards

After creating your first board, you have to create more specific boards. Your “niche-boards”. Your niche-boards have to cover at least 5 important topics in your niche.

Let’s keep to our chocolate example. What topics could a chocolate related website cover? Chocolate Cake Recipes, Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes, Sugar-Free Chocolates, …..

You have to create at least 5 niche-boards and include 3-4 keywords of your niche in the board title.

Creating Your Subniche-Boards

Now it’s time for the subniche-boards. It’s the same concept just more niched. Create 3 subniche-boards for every niche-board that you created.

Include 5-6 keywords in your subniche-board title. They have to include the first 3-4 keywords of your niche-board and 2-3 additional keywords that specify your subniche-boards.

Check the search console for good keywords.

Open Pinterest and search for your niche-board keywords:

As you can see, Pinterest shows you suggestions for the keywords you tipped in. On the left the more popular ones and on the right the less popular keywords.

Click on the keywords suggestions to add them to your search query.

New keywords are going to appear after after choosing a suggestion. Do this until you have 5-6 keywords in your search query. You are going to use this keywords as your subniche-board title.

The Result

After creating 3 subniche-boards for every niche-board, you should have one main-board, 5 niche-boards and 15 subniche-boards.

Now you need to optimize the boards and your profile with your keywords, but this is a topic for itself. I will create another thread where I explain Pinterest SEO in detail.

The next step is to fill the boards with popular and relevant repins. Repin around 2-3 pins per day par board.

What You NEED To Know!

There are many additions to this method and i will write about them in the following weeks, but even without further improvement, you should receive about 20.000 new visitors per month on your pins.

You might think: “I am just gonna add more boards and pin more to achieve higher numbers. Easy peasy”. But be aware!

If you think that it’s enough to create more boards and repin more pins, be aware! Pinterest hates spam is going to ban your account, if you repin too much. Recently I got one of my accounts banned, because I repinned 90 pins per day.

I will write about other methods to increase your monthly visitors without spamming.

My upcoming threads are going to talk about:

• Method to post in 100 group boards PER DAY Without Being Banned
  • Complete Pinterest SEO Guide
  • How To Share Links in Comments Without Getting Banned
  • How To Distribute Your Pins the Best Way
  • Creating Pins That People Repin

One last tip for big numbers: You have to think outside the box :)

haleakua

In fact only 10-20% of your follower even see your pins.
I think it is still a high ratio because if compare with my Twitter account, then it was 2% to 5% of followers saw my tweets.
Seem you didn't satisfy with the amount of traffic from Pinterest?

Irma

I really love Pinterest but am struggling to get followers to my boards. I am repinning other pins to my boards every day. I am going to try what you have outlined here and hopefully things will pick up. I do believe that Pinterest can be a huge source of traffic.

Ergoprime

I think it is still a high ratio because if compare with my Twitter account, then it was 2% to 5% of followers saw my tweets.
Seem you didn't satisfy with the amount of traffic from Pinterest?
I am satisfied, but the traffic doesn't come from many follower. You can build audiences with boards and reach far more people than only your follower, because of the smartfeed of Pinterest.

I really love Pinterest but am struggling to get followers to my boards. I am repinning other pins to my boards every day. I am going to try what you have outlined here and hopefully things will pick up. I do believe that Pinterest can be a huge source of traffic.
Forget follower. Try my method and I guarantee you will see great results. I will publish some other threads with other methods to get even more reach on Pinterest.

Irma

Forget follower. Try my method and I guarantee you will see great results. I will publish some other threads with other methods to get even more reach on Pinterest.
Please do as it is my favorite social media platform at the moment. I think people are underestimating how powerful it can be. If you look at some people's Pinterest profile's and see that they have thousands of followers and it is all free traffic.

Jack_Dan

As my experience I think Pinterest is much better than twitter for generating long-term traffics for your niche. For blogs, it works well because only interested and targeted people want to visit your niche or blogs. Pinterest is good for long term online business.

zeedollar

Woah that is some really serious research on pintrest and i leant a lot of stuff i did not know. I know pintrest is huge but it takes a lot to engage with your followers unlike the other social media account like facebook, twitter, and instagram.

premiumproxies

Hi Ergoprime,
I am happy to see your thread. But it's better to inform me how can I increase my board follower on Pinterest?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.