Is paying an SEO service worth it?

jyy

Note that these people can seem like scam artists. However, though, I don't think they're all bad as they seem. Anyway, the thing to look out for is unkeepable promises. For instance, if they say that they will build so many backlinks in such and such a time, then that's fine. However, though, if they promise to rank you on the front page of Google, then I'd be suspicious.

vinaya

If you don't know how online contents earn you money, you should definiately hire an seo expert. The seo expert will optimize your website for search engines, which will eventually generate traffic. When traffic converts to sales, ad clicks or link visits, you will earn money.
However, you should never anyone who gurantees you to make your website #1 on Google or any other search engines, adding keywords and building backlinks (the SEO practices) does not gurantee high page rank, even though these are the ways to generate traffic and get good page ranks.

ProSeoPackages

SEO is one of the most important parts of a successful digital marketing campaign. Paying for a SEO services is worth it, assuming you can find a SEO service that is qualitative enough. It's been like this for the past 19 years (Google was founded on September 4, 1998).

Rob Whisonant

There are a lot of so called SEO experts that don't have a clue what they are talking about or are using old outdated methods that no longer work, you have to be extremely careful "who you listen to."

When selecting an SEO service, MAKE SURE they are very successful at what you want as results for your site or page(s). Many say they can rank your page high while their sites can't even be found on the first 3 pages of any search engine.

If they don't practice what they preach and are successful at it, pass them up and don't waist your money with them. Find one that does what they say.

jyy

OK, I have a question. If an SEO company ranks high on search engine, then does that mean it's a good company? In that case, should we automatically trust it? I'm thinking we should always do research. Nonetheless, obviously they couldn't be third rate - or they wouldn't have been able to rank their own website. That would be true now, especially, as SEO is a lot tougher than in year's past.

Anyway, though, if it does rank high on search engines, you can count on the fact it will be expensive.

vishwa

Finding a good and reliable SEO company is a very tough task. You have to work hard on it. However if you have some basic knowledge on SEO than you can do it yourself. It will also help you learn the new things.

ulterios

OK, I have a question. If an SEO company ranks high on search engine, then does that mean it's a good company?
No, it just means that they are high ranking. How would you know if they even did their own work or bought a website from someone else who was good at SEO? How do you know that they did not pay another company or person to do their SEO so their site would rank high? Too many possibilities to be certain of anything.

In that case, should we automatically trust it?
Never "Automatically" trust an SEO company/site/etc. Do some research and find out if they are legit and if they can produce results and have been producing results.

Nonetheless, obviously they couldn't be third rate - or they wouldn't have been able to rank their own website. That would be true now, especially, as SEO is a lot tougher than in year's past.
Maybe they do good quality SEO on their own site but do cheap low quality junk SEO on their customers.

Just do some research and do not trust a company based on their own rankings. I am not saying that means they are not good but only that the rankings of their site itself should not be used to judge how well they do SEO for their customers.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Note that these people can seem like scam artists. However, though, I don't think they're all bad as they seem. Anyway, the thing to look out for is unkeepable promises. For instance, if they say that they will build so many backlinks in such and such a time, then that's fine. However, though, if they promise to rank you on the front page of Google, then I'd be suspicious.
It depends!

If you find it is a good SEO service that can help boost your site rankings then you should buy it.
Vice versa, some SEO services can hurt SEO rankings hence you should be careful when purchasing them.

sree31

SEO services are good only if you have lots of content on your website. If you don't have much content, of if you have a small site with 4-5 pages, then there is nothing much to optimize for them. In such a case, you should hire a content writer/marketer. They also have a fair experience with SEO and know how to promote their content.

If you run a blog with hundreds of articles, or an ecommerce site with thousands of pages, then you can try an SEO services. Even so, you can always do SEO yourself by reading a few blog articles, or watching YouTube videos. The so-called SEO experts that I've met, have learnt it the same way. If you don't have time/resources to do SEO by yourself, then it makes to hire an SEO agency/expert. It's very tough to find a good one though.

TopHatSEO

It can be...

Unfortunately I think for a lot of small businesses / solopreneurs / website owners they would be better off learning solid SEO skills themselves rather than hiring an SEO service. These days it takes time & dedication to build quality links. If you are doing it yourself you can be sure that this is what is actually happening.

Hiring an SEO service can make sense as long as it's high quality. The problem is that anyone who is good will also know their value and charge accordingly.

This can put small businesses in a situation where they can't afford a good SEO service, so they opt for cheap instead. Usually the end result is that they would have been better off just burning the money.

vinaya

vinaya
I agree with you. Why pay people to do SEO when you can take SEO course for the same amount of money. In case you don't want to spend a dime, you can always find DIY articles on SEO or even free courses. The drawbacks of paying for SEO service is they might apply black hat SEO. Since you don't know about SEO, you might think a good job has been done because black hat gives instant results. However, in the long run, you will create a bad name for yourself.

John Cage

I had use a seo service once and I don't want to use it anymore. Doing SEO by yourself is much more better.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.