Does an Apostrophe affect searches?

novinwebsite

Does Google differentiate between keyphrase structures such as Mens Sunglasses & Men's Sunglasses? I.e. does the inclusion/exclusion of an apostrophe make any difference when optimising your main keyword/phrase for a page?

Keyword explorer appears to give different results..... I.e. no data for Men's Sunglasses, but data appears for Mens sunglasses. So if I optimise my page to include the apostrophe, will it screw the potential success for that page?

Thanks

Unknown

No, it won't affect the ranking. You have to know that the search engines have gotten smarter over the years and can now fully recognize that for example; Mens sunglasses and Men's sunglasses are the same things.

So don't worry. Whether you use/don't use the apostrophe or other punctuation in your content or the website titles, it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't have a different meaning of the actual sentence.

The only reason why the keyword explorer is giving you no results is probably that people that have done the search are lazy and don't bother using the apostrophe when conducting it.

I hope this answered your question :)

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.