Using templates for a website?

wallet

I have used templates in the past, because I didn't have money and is cheaper this way, besides I wanted my website to be unique and compelling, so I have used a framework template in which I have incorporated php functions and markup for common layout techniques and fluid content.
A friend of mine told me that is better to have multiple templates. Now I don't know what to do, I am new in this, and I am trying to do my best.
What is your advice for me?

Kharyode

I absolutely think that web designers should use multiple templates, by doing so new things come to play like learning new things on multiple templates.

Multiple templates help to apply different situations.
And can help in sending envelop that include templates.
Also it's ease ones work.
It fast and saves time.

Mike001

Personally I would stay away from templates unless you have access to all the behind the scenes code and know how to optimize it for SEO.

Most off the shelf templates are out of date, both in design aspects and aspects pertaining to SEO, not the fault of the designer just the requirements and specifications change so quickly.

It is much better to design your own pages or templates, then you can update the specs and SEO areas quickly as they need to be updated and youhave complete control of the site layout.

sree31

If you're new to templates, stick to using just one template - easier to manage and customize. If you face limitations with your existing template, you can use a different one, instead of using multiple templates. Also use a popular template so you can easily search for documents and get help from their online community.

wallet

That is what I should do, stick to using just one template, is exactly what I thought it would be better. Is really hard when I am a beginner in all this, hope I will manage in the end!
Thank you all for your answers!

eestiman

If you're not using a website in a commercial purpose, it doesn't matter, whether you use templates or not

TomasJ

Agree with one template, especially if you don't need to differentiate the sites you are running from each other.

tim_cloudcone

If you're a web developer, I would agree with what Mike said. Try to stay away from templates as much as possible. In addition to being able to better optimize your web pages for SEO, you'll also learn new things when trying to design your own web pages.

But if you're not a developer, I would recommend sticking to one template per site. If you're making another website which is not related to the first, then it'll be better if you can find a new template suitable for the new website. Unless you want to make both the websites to look similar.

nesir

Tim and mike have it right , if you are a web developer templates will eventually limit what you are trying to do ,the knowledge that comes with painfully creating your own new website will allow you to understand the inner workings of coding especially if you are new.

Many templates are also code bloated and structured wrong from inner linking to excessive use of jquery plugins even tags used wrongfully , these are things you would pick up of you design and learn from scratch .

Just my opinion there are many that will disagree :)

mrseth1993

I've made some personal websites using templates. It is good actually since all you have to do is to modify and make some revisions that suites the flavor of your website. In that way, you can save time and effort in making your website.

nnacrter

Using templates for websites is not bad. Like me, on my experiences. I create my own template. Consider the originality. Not just copying the templates made of others.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.