Is it okay if there are bot visitors per day?

galegatling

As the title says, is it fine? Whenever I stumble upon a website forum or blog, I see these users/guests online or currently browsing.
Then there are also these called bots. Seems like they are there for one reason. I am thinking that, that reason is somewhat related to SEO.
I could be wrong though.

Thoughts?

Rob Whisonant

It depends on your definition of a bot. Google uses bots to locate and index pages. Uptime services uses bots to determine if your site is online and reachable. Then you have bots that try to fool people that they are real human visitors.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
As the title says, is it fine? Whenever I stumble upon a website forum or blog, I see these users/guests online or currently browsing.
Then there are also these called bots. Seems like they are there for one reason. I am thinking that, that reason is somewhat related to SEO.
I could be wrong though.

Thoughts?
More search engines will send bots to your website to crawl web pages and collecting information there.
There are many good bots but beside many bad bots can make your sites overload.
You should always welcome good bots as Yahoo, Google or Bing bots, don't block them, and they don't impact to SEO and good for your site though.

vinaya

If you question is related to bot traffic, I don't think it is okay. Bot traffic is just a number, it does not help your site, instead it will become a reason for suspicion for the advertisers. You should always seek human traffic, only human traffic has a conversion. When humans visit your website, they may also click your ads or buy products and services, which ultimately make you money. On the other hand, bot traffic will just increase views, there will be no conversion. When there is no conversion, you are not going to make any money.

galegatling

It depends on your definition of a bot. Google uses bots to locate and index pages. Uptime services uses bots to determine if your site is online and reachable. Then you have bots that try to fool people that they are real human visitors.
Yes I was talking about those kinds of bots. I was thinking the same thing that they collect or locate your website for index purposes.
Then there's this problem about those bots who try to fool website owners. :/

If you question is related to bot traffic, I don't think it is okay. Bot traffic is just a number, it does not help your site, instead it will become a reason for suspicion for the advertisers. You should always seek human traffic, only human traffic has a conversion. When humans visit your website, they may also click your ads or buy products and services, which ultimately make you money. On the other hand, bot traffic will just increase views, there will be no conversion. When there is no conversion, you are not going to make any money.
I see. But is it possible though, with our fast advancing SEO technologies, that bots can now act as human visitors? Could they also be scripted which makes them able to pretend that they are actually clicking on an ad? By that I mean, forwarding false information to the site owner saying that an ad has been clicked or something.

sree31

It's fine to allow bots on your site. All search engines crawl your site using bots. If you block them accidentally then it may harm your seo.

Just ensure you don't count bot visits in your google analytics. Otherwise they'll falsely increase your site traffic information in google analytics. You can google "google analytics remove spam bots" to find out how to remove them from google analytics

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.