Do you think Twitter still has the strength to survive for years to come?

WildSpirit

With the news (in the most diverse aspects) that are developed / tested / launched every day around the world, do you think Twitter still has enough breath to resist the modernities of its direct competitors?

I may be wrong, but I don't think Twitter has any other ways to try to innovate (and seeming to be losing more and more popularity over time)... It's all very limited. I think the scenario is not very favorable.

sree31

Twitter is a great source of news and trending topics. However, I've never been able to drive much traffic to my websites, even though I was able to get lots of traffic by posting the same content on other sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Plus. So I think consumers may find it useful, but not businesses.

vinaya

When it comes to do online marketing and promotion, I think twitter is better than most of the social media sites. Twitter is also good platform for discussion, you can shar so many things on twitter without revealing any thing. The only social media that can give (or gives) a tough competition is facebook. However, these days facebook has developed into more of a personal networking rather than marketing (in fact personal communication was the basic idea behind facebook). There is nothing like twitter, thus, twitter will stay as long as the owner does not shuts it down.

Kharyode

Yes I think twitter has the strength to survive for years to come. Twitter is a very broad social media, it been used round the world. So I think as time goes on more features will come to play and increase the chance of survival.

WildSpirit

Twitter is a great source of news and trending topics. However, I've never been able to drive much traffic to my websites, even though I was able to get lots of traffic by posting the same content on other sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Plus. So I think consumers may find it useful, but not businesses.
I think it all depends on the popularity that you have. So, I think that for those who unfortunately can't generate much traffic, Twitter can't be very efficient in its entirety... Making the only option is actually entertainment. But the question would be... Until when would consumers use it just that way?

Yes I think twitter has the strength to survive for years to come. Twitter is a very broad social media, it been used round the world. So I think as time goes on more features will come to play and increase the chance of survival.
Well... The features will have to be very interesting and addictive to make users continue to use it and also to get new users, right? So, I think the problem is precisely this: Will the developers' creativity be enough for this?

Let's wait for the next chapters and see what will happen. :)

rakeshpatel

I am also thinking about the future of twitter also because nowadays, twitter is less popular comparatively previous years. Twitter lose his followers and number of new registrations day by day. Even though for the marketing purpose, twitter is still useful and best among all the social media sites.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
I still think Twitter is very useful as a whole (especially with business-related issues), but it's a fact that its popularity has been steadily declining. If there is not considerable innovation, it will die.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views