The information posted on the Facebook!

wallet

Do you think it’s dangerous putting information on Facebook? I think it is and I don't think you should post your passwords, bank account info, that no one's home, and inappropriate pictures of you inebriated, or doing something that may be considered wrong or immoral by others.
I have seen a news on television about a girl who Posted pictures with her from a trip and someone saw and they knew she is not at her home and went to rob her apartment and stole her all the jewelry and the money she had in her home.
So, this is one of the reasons that information should not be posted on Facebook! You risk to get robbed, or cheated!

JoeMilford

Of course this type of information should not be posted, and I agree with you that people engage in potentially dangerous facebook posts and revelations all of the time. Also, it is a public record of your behaviors and activities, and so it is wise to be careful what photos and information you post there because all of those things can definitely come back to haunt you in many different ways later.

Rob Whisonant

I always wait until I am back home to post vacation pics. I don't mention dates that nobody will be home. Just use common sense when posting on facebook.

Angel07

Never share your passwords or personal information on Facebook, it's not safe at all, when I go on trips I post the pictures when I'm already back home, we should never state on Facebook that we are not going to be home or that we earned lots of money or that we have expensive gifts, those are things that attract thieves, always try to be very neutral and unclear about your finances, never ever put a picture of your credit card on Facebook or share any bank account information, it could get you in serious trouble.

Domingotarlejr

You should always be careful in whatever you post on your facebook account. You must remember that you are responsible on what is the consequences of your act. You should never post your password or any important information you have like home address, bank account etc. I also remember there is a case that a student from a catholic school have been kicked out from her school after posting a picture wearing a bikini. For me its so unreasonable but still its the rules of thier school so always think before you click.

blessing02

Facebook was created for public use, there are no forms of limitations to getting a persons information or account on Facebook, this means that everything we place on Facebook is entirely for the public. This is why I always tell people to be cautious of what kind of information you post on Facebook you can never tell who is following up on your life or activity. In my strong opinion posting viable information of one self on Facebook is not advice able. Play safe and keep secrets.

genesis

It's a common sense I think. People all know that facebook is a social media site, so probable whatever they're posting, even in private, can always be seen or taken. Better keep your posts to minimum, or rather post something that will not endanger your life, always have you profile low in the social medias. People can only see you thru pics or posts, but not literally know you or what's in you. The 'YOU' is what's important for me, not the 'you' or who you are in social media.

jaymish

This scenario seems familiar? Is this what happened to Kim Kardashian West. Does anyone watch Keeping Up With the Kardashian's? A while ago. Kim the main star was in Paris. I think she posted some photos on social media. She was later robbed at gunpoint.

This is one of the biggest disadvantages of social media. We typically post pictures in my opinion to show off what we have, where we live, what we look like and where we go. We forget about the opportunists. Thiefs are very intelligent. With the spread of technology, they have upgraded their tactics. That's why your email and your bank account can be hacked.

In this way, social media can be dangerous.

vishwa

Absolutely, Sharing your personal and confidential information over Facebook or any other social network is dangerous and against your privacy. Social networking sites are place to connect with people and share your experiences with them. You can also promote your website or services through social networks.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.