What do you think makes a good website?

wallet

I think that good website must have a great structure and organization and this is the base of a good website! The next thing that would attract visitors is a high-quality content and a theme that matches its market and personality. Besides, the speed must be high because when a user wants to see a video or audio you must own a high speed on your website.
In my opinion, these are the principal elements to create a strong website, and if you follow all these, your websites will grab attention and wake up emotions!

galegatling

Yes. But unless you have a good host and enough traffic, all you mentioned will be useless in my opinion.
I don't really understand the part where you said "you must own a high speed". Are you talking about connection speed?
Cheers.

vinaya

First of all, a website should have a good domain name. The domain an893 dot com for your website on health niche is not a good idea. The domain should reflect your niche, it is better to have a keyword on the domain name. If you have a proper domain name, you can also use it as your website title.
Secondly, your website needs to have a good design. Design is the main thing that a visitor will see when he lands on your website for the first time.
Thirdly, you need to have quality contents, in good numbers.

sree31

Generally, I look for speed, content and user experience, when it comes to revisiting a website. If it has great content that is useful & interesting, has a decent layout, and loads quickly, it's a good website for me. If the content is ordinary stuff that I can also find elsewhere, or if it's not easy on the eyes, then most likely I won't remember that site.

jeiss

What makes a good website for me. The first thing on my list is valuable content, smooth user operation, speed and design. If the website is inundated with adverts I can't cope with, I just leave.

anand

What makes a good website is that it produces the results you wanted out of it. If you're selling something and no one is buying, then it's not a good website, even if you think it's perfectly designed. I'm no designer, so maybe I'm a little unqualified to offer my 2 cents here. Even so, I think functionality and the end result matter more than aesthetics. Please feel free to correct me if you think I'm mistaken.

tim_cloudcone

I think a website should serve its purpose properly and provide a good user experience. For an example, if it's a website of a company or a shop, it should be really easy for visitors to find basic information such as the phone number and the address.

If it's a blog or any other article publishing website, the design shouldn't overpower or be distracting from the content. The font's used should be easy to read.

But there are also types of websites where you can use a fancy complex designs in a clever way to give a certain message or to simply show off your design skills if it's a web designer's website.

Wyvh

Content goes first before website's apparence, but both do count a lot, even if having a beautiful website without any content is.. pointless ?

LeatherCrafting

First of all what do you see when you first land of a website, blog or forums? It's the overall theme and how everything is positioned is what I would say get the most rating.

Followed up by the images if the site does have images.

Lastly is the content on the website, blog or forums your searching up.

blessing02

A well structured website with a strong ideology that speaks of its creations, high quality content, organized set up, a catchy main and accessibility to information for users.

jayveeramos07

A good website is a website that can easily understand by the user. The placements of information, the color combination, font used and even the widgets in place are just some of the factors. Great websites interacts with it's user and not giving them a hard time to select or choose where tab or section to go.

jaymish

For me a good website is entertaining. Its design is pleasing,its colors are stimulating and attractive. I prefer it to also have more video content than written content. The content should also be presented in a short and funny manner. No one has the time or the inclination to read dull boring, pages, and pages of content. It should also be informative and up to date. I like fashion websites for the latest trends and gossip websites for the latest celebrity stories.

I also think it depends on what the website is for. Some websites are best when they are plain i.e a religious website whose main purpose is spiritual content will concentrate on delivering the content and not on how it looks.

kevinfeb4

A good website should have cater to at least a specific target market. Something that other social media platforms don't offer or something that your website is especially unique for. Nowadays, social media giants: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google etc. control most of the internet's traffic that makes other websites second to becoming obsolete since these platforms offer features that are becoming more and more like a one-stop shop for all your internet consumption needs. Although it's always a good idea to hook it up to your social media account to share in the traffic, what's really important in a website is the quality and the need for quality posts... :)

HazelDJ

A good website should be 24 hours available. It should have a clear photo or video as well as nice theme. The topic should be informative and exciting. These are only some factors to consider but there are also important other than those which are mentioned lately. This is related to the domain of the website. It should be reliable to avoid future problems in the future.

CookieRunner

I think that good website must have a great structure and organization and this is the base of a good website! The next thing that would attract visitors is a high-quality content and a theme that matches its market and personality. Besides, the speed must be high because when a user wants to see a video or audio you must own a high speed on your website.
In my opinion, these are the principal elements to create a strong website, and if you follow all these, your websites will grab attention and wake up emotions!
Hey there!

I think a great website should have--- First: A good domain name that is interesting, that is about your niche and something that is easy to remember and retain in one's mind ( it can be unique, distinct and original )
Second: would be the design / artistic feature of the website, personally, I get intrigued and interested with website that has a good visual effect on my eyes. I want pastel colors which are soothing in the eyes. But sometimes, it depends with your niche / product. But yes, Design is very important.
Thirdly, you need to have good content... that's the life of a website, you need to create something that would interest your target market and create traffic.

vin.averia

For me, a good website has these and allows me to do these:

- has an admin or customer service who is online 24/7 or replies to my inquiries or concerns right away.

- the web page must be able to get the person curious and interested

- provides service worldwide

- allows me to link my accounts and financial info. smoothly and still secure

- sends updates and feedback or notifications on my email, and mobile

- the website must also have a downloadable mobile app

- doesn't require me to make 1 time payments on anything; uses identity verification strictly instead

- tabs and menus must be organized and innovative and easy to use - meaning a senior citizen shouldn't have a very hard time browsing thru it

- allows me to do financial transactions

- should always be updated

- should be able to go with what is trending and yet maintain it's previous services

- should have very few or no ads or pop-ups

- graphics and visualizations must grab attention

- must be straightforward with it mission

- has valid and updated information

- has a good reputation or people shouldn't have doubts if it is a scam in the first place

- gives me access to outside services like western union, bank transfer even if it is abroad, stuff like that

- doesn't take too long for funds to show up

- must be able to send important documents thru post/mail if needed

iT-HaCks

a great content(which is full of all information) make a website more worthy and also it increases seo and of course help in earning healthy money

Chris DaSilva

Organization and Structure: Good websites are well organized and follow a structure. ...
Simple Navigation: ...
Original content: ...
Outstanding Design: ...
Speed: ...
Clean and Validated Code: ...
Easy to read: ...
Search engine optimization:
Tracking..
Link Building

willsonrobin

You have shared important points which should be consider first while talking about good website. Thanks.....

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads