• WEB HOSTING
  • QUICK MENU
  • REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks

Red face What do you think makes a good website?

I think that good website must have a great structure and organization and this is the base of a good website! The next thing that would attract visitors is a high-quality content and a theme that matches its market and personality. Besides, the speed must be high because when a user wants to see a video or audio you must own a high speed on your website.
    In my opinion, these are the principal elements to create a strong website, and if you follow all these, your websites will grab attention and wake up emotions!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    Yes. But unless you have a good host and enough traffic, all you mentioned will be useless in my opinion.
    I don't really understand the part where you said "you must own a high speed". Are you talking about connection speed?
    Cheers.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/0
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    First of all, a website should have a good domain name. The domain an893 dot com for your website on health niche is not a good idea. The domain should reflect your niche, it is better to have a keyword on the domain name. If you have a proper domain name, you can also use it as your website title.
    Secondly, your website needs to have a good design. Design is the main thing that a visitor will see when he lands on your website for the first time.
    Thirdly, you need to have quality contents, in good numbers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vinaya For This Useful Post:
    willsonrobin21 (08-03-2018)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/0
    Thanks
    Generally, I look for speed, content and user experience, when it comes to revisiting a website. If it has great content that is useful & interesting, has a decent layout, and loads quickly, it's a good website for me. If the content is ordinary stuff that I can also find elsewhere, or if it's not easy on the eyes, then most likely I won't remember that site.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    What makes a good website for me. The first thing on my list is valuable content, smooth user operation, speed and design. If the website is inundated with adverts I can't cope with, I just leave.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Thanks
    What makes a good website is that it produces the results you wanted out of it. If you're selling something and no one is buying, then it's not a good website, even if you think it's perfectly designed. I'm no designer, so maybe I'm a little unqualified to offer my 2 cents here. Even so, I think functionality and the end result matter more than aesthetics. Please feel free to correct me if you think I'm mistaken.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/0
    Given: 7/0
    Thanks
    I think a website should serve its purpose properly and provide a good user experience. For an example, if it's a website of a company or a shop, it should be really easy for visitors to find basic information such as the phone number and the address.

If it's a blog or any other article publishing website, the design shouldn't overpower or be distracting from the content. The font's used should be easy to read.

But there are also types of websites where you can use a fancy complex designs in a clever way to give a certain message or to simply show off your design skills if it's a web designer's website.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 6/0
    Thanks
    Content goes first before website's apparence, but both do count a lot, even if having a beautiful website without any content is.. pointless ?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 6/0
    Thanks
    First of all what do you see when you first land of a website, blog or forums? It's the overall theme and how everything is positioned is what I would say get the most rating.

Followed up by the images if the site does have images.

Lastly is the content on the website, blog or forums your searching up.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    A well structured website with a strong ideology that speaks of its creations, high quality content, organized set up, a catchy main and accessibility to information for users.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Thanks
    A good website is a website that can easily understand by the user. The placements of information, the color combination, font used and even the widgets in place are just some of the factors. Great websites interacts with it's user and not giving them a hard time to select or choose where tab or section to go.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Thanks
    For me a good website is entertaining. Its design is pleasing,its colors are stimulating and attractive. I prefer it to also have more video content than written content. The content should also be presented in a short and funny manner. No one has the time or the inclination to read dull boring, pages, and pages of content. It should also be informative and up to date. I like fashion websites for the latest trends and gossip websites for the latest celebrity stories.

I also think it depends on what the website is for. Some websites are best when they are plain i.e a religious website whose main purpose is spiritual content will concentrate on delivering the content and not on how it looks.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    A good website should have cater to at least a specific target market. Something that other social media platforms don't offer or something that your website is especially unique for. Nowadays, social media giants: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google etc. control most of the internet's traffic that makes other websites second to becoming obsolete since these platforms offer features that are becoming more and more like a one-stop shop for all your internet consumption needs. Although it's always a good idea to hook it up to your social media account to share in the traffic, what's really important in a website is the quality and the need for quality posts...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Thanks
    A good website should be 24 hours available. It should have a clear photo or video as well as nice theme. The topic should be informative and exciting. These are only some factors to consider but there are also important other than those which are mentioned lately. This is related to the domain of the website. It should be reliable to avoid future problems in the future.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wallet View Post
    I think that good website must have a great structure and organization and this is the base of a good website! The next thing that would attract visitors is a high-quality content and a theme that matches its market and personality. Besides, the speed must be high because when a user wants to see a video or audio you must own a high speed on your website.
    In my opinion, these are the principal elements to create a strong website, and if you follow all these, your websites will grab attention and wake up emotions!
    Hey there!

I think a great website should have--- First: A good domain name that is interesting, that is about your niche and something that is easy to remember and retain in one's mind ( it can be unique, distinct and original )
    Second: would be the design / artistic feature of the website, personally, I get intrigued and interested with website that has a good visual effect on my eyes. I want pastel colors which are soothing in the eyes. But sometimes, it depends with your niche / product. But yes, Design is very important.
    Thirdly, you need to have good content... that's the life of a website, you need to create something that would interest your target market and create traffic.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Thanks
    For me, a good website has these and allows me to do these:

- has an admin or customer service who is online 24/7 or replies to my inquiries or concerns right away.

- the web page must be able to get the person curious and interested

- provides service worldwide

- allows me to link my accounts and financial info. smoothly and still secure

- sends updates and feedback or notifications on my email, and mobile

- the website must also have a downloadable mobile app

- doesn't require me to make 1 time payments on anything; uses identity verification strictly instead

- tabs and menus must be organized and innovative and easy to use - meaning a senior citizen shouldn't have a very hard time browsing thru it

- allows me to do financial transactions

- should always be updated

- should be able to go with what is trending and yet maintain it's previous services

- should have very few or no ads or pop-ups

- graphics and visualizations must grab attention

- must be straightforward with it mission

- has valid and updated information

- has a good reputation or people shouldn't have doubts if it is a scam in the first place

- gives me access to outside services like western union, bank transfer even if it is abroad, stuff like that

- doesn't take too long for funds to show up

- must be able to send important documents thru post/mail if needed

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    For making a good website you can write unique content, add the Quality photo, and Meaningful graphics that easily understand by the user.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    a great content(which is full of all information) make a website more worthy and also it increases seo and of course help in earning healthy money

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Thanks
    Organization and Structure: Good websites are well organized and follow a structure. ...
    Simple Navigation: ...
    Original content: ...
    Outstanding Design: ...
    Speed: ...
    Clean and Validated Code: ...
    Easy to read: ...
    Search engine optimization:
    Tracking..
    Link Building

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 7/0
    Thanks
    You have shared important points which should be consider first while talking about good website. Thanks.....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Great websites aren’t just about technology. Great websites are human. They don’t make your visitors think. Great websites have less instead of more.
    Here are some Points that is useful to good website:
    1. Purpose
    2. Visuals
    3. Relevant, original content
    4. Clear website navigation
    A good website is something that is not only made for a customer. Your website reflects you as a business owner and professional.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    When it comes to the difference between the good website and a bad website. There are a few things which need to be checked before you make that decision. Well "CONTENT!!! is the new KING". It does matter how much quality and relevant content you're using for the website. Well graphically designed interface to enhance the user experience effects very much also. followed by good website loading speed (90+). For me these are the some of the major factors which indicate that website is in a good position.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Thanks
    First of all domain relevancy matter on the domain name, you build the website as per user point view just it should be dynamic, use unique content with relevancy, use images, set navigation that's all.

Newer Threads

1. Unknown
    LinkHeros
    Replies: 11 | Views: 2137
    Last post by LinkHeros, 08-06-2017, 08:54 AM
  2. joshmoy
    joshmoy
    Replies: 0 | Views: 295
    Last post by joshmoy, 07-08-2017, 10:00 PM
  3. joshmoy
    joshmoy
    Replies: 0 | Views: 426