What do you use for creating a website?

yunarel

The industry standard nowadays seems using web maker tools or free blog platforms or frameworks to build websites faster , but do you use anything else to create websites? Personally I've tried a couple of things like Photoshop, Notepad++ or Dreamweaver. i didn't have many choices to create website, I want to have a question here to ask if there are some web experts what did you use to create your websites?

eestiman

when I started developing, I used Dreamweaver, but after some time it was not enough, and now I am using Brackets with lots of plugins and automatization tools like gulp. Atom also a good alternative.

bug

I've been making static websites so far so I could only speak for my experience with Notepad ++. It's pretty decent when you're making static websites as it does the job well. But when you want to go furhter deep, I suggest trying out Brackets since I've heard a lot of great reviews about the program.

Rob Whisonant

I seem to try everything that comes out. I so far, always go back to Notepad++.

I do use the bootsrap framework and design mobile first.

moneybags82

I love WordPress and will always use it and even when it comes to the coding and CSS it is easily sorted. If your wanting to know more on coding for creating your own website or starting to create your own wordpress theme with CSS and coding PHP then check YouTube there are mass collection of videos and tutorials which you can benefit from.

tim_cloudcone

I'm using Atom for coding with a few plugins these days and Photoshop and Illustrator for designing images and other illustrations. I've used Sublime text and Notepad++ as well, but I just love the plugin support on Atom.

In addition to those, you can also use dev tools on Chrome to help you with styling and to find issues with your markup and CSS.

jason223

I've been using sublime text as text editor for 2 years and I love the plugin support on it. For graphic design I use Adobe Photoshop and adobe illustrator. For CSS frameworks, I use bootstrap and materialize framework. For PHP, I used XAMPP panel.

Helen Cope

There are so many tool available on the market today however it really is down to preference my go to tool are as follows;

Design - Illustrator & PhotoShop
Build - Dreamweaver or notepad++
Test - Chrome Browser ) as this allows you to test on various screen size)
IPAD & IPhone for further testing

You could run it through W3C after for a compatibility check

Good luck!

Mike001

There are a lot of good tools out there for web development, if you really want to learn how to develop web applications stay away from graphical user interface like Dreamweaver, they are good tools but put way too much crap in your code if your serious about developing. Plus it is hard form them to keep up with the standards as they are developing and changing very quickly over the last couple of years.

I would start with a good text editor, developed for writing code, Bracket is a good one, Atom is another and they are both FREE.

Most of my college students use Brackets or Atom, until I can convince them to move up to Sublime Text. That is a top of the line editor and handles anything around web development. But it is not free and runs around $70.00.

Try to stay away from places like YouTube to learn, that is not a good source if you want to learn the right way. Most of the videos there are outdated and do not follow "Best Practices" when it comes to designing web application.

If you need any one on one guidance just PM me, I will help steer you to some good resources. There are a lot of them.

Let me know if I can help.

ijiboi

Before I used notepad++ and Dreamweaver. Now I'm using brackets because it's lightweight and have many features that I'm looking for, for a long time. Easy and very convenient to use. and I like the design, friendly to eye with simple environment.

Jud

Using tools for web development is depends on what you like, a simple website can be develop in your machine or a laptop with a code editor just search download and install for code editor you want. In our college days we used eclipse for coding we still uses eclipse in our company but eclipse is not good code editor for javascript and css. You cannot see immediately the changes of a javascript file you just need to rebuild the project and restart your server. So we decided to switch to sublime it is light and good and easy to use it is also a friendly user code editor. Sublime has so many built-in code editor unlike eclipse which intended only for one programming language.

forgood

wordpress platform is the best way to buil any kind of website beside that you don t need to learn coding a beautiful theme with drag and drop builder make you the best site ever i highly recommend you wordpress 70% off websites builded with this platform

Mike001

Forgood, spoken by a true now developer who understands very little about the web and how sites are constructed.

WordPress is very popular, that is a given, it is a good platform for what it was intended to do, that too is a given. It is not by any means a "Best Practice" in web development and in no way does it make up 70% of the world wide web. Where you acquired that figure is beyond me, but it is not where even close to that.

Even if you use the very skewed figures of the WordPress development community, which are constantly challenged by the W3C and IETF, there figures are right around 20%, and many people in the know challenge that figure, there is really no way to know for certain how many sites are developed in WordPress.

A better question would be, "How Many Professional Websites are developed in WordPress", last time I checked, there were no professional eCommerce or corporate business sites developed in that framework, huh.... why is that..... something to think about.... of course Disney does have a blog system developed using WordPress but that site is not even linked to their corporate site, .... hmmmm .... could it be for security reasons....

Something to think about....

rubyrailsninja

I use ruby on rails ! I made great project with it : audio captcha decoder (not really rails, sinitra framework, but still with ruby), mobile video marketplace powered with bitcoin, marketing platform, ....

Ridew

Well, I am using NotePad++ for long time and works pretty good for me! :)

ashanimatarage

I use Notepad++ for static website designing. If the deadline is too tight, then I go for Wordpress, bootstrap or joomla depending on the requirement.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.