Bing displaying old meta titles and description for my website?

webhostwala

After checking my website on Bing, I found that the meta titles and its description is not displaying correctly. They are showing the old ones. Out of 23, 20 pages are indexed on bing and in that almost all of them are showing old information. Kindly guide me how to rectify the old titles and get indexed the pages on Bing.

webhostwala

I had updated the titles month ago and then I submitted to Bing bot too. Recently also I submitted it again but still it is showing the old titles.

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
The frequency of Bing spiders visiting websites is very low and it can take months for that.
For instance, I submitted sitemap.xml to Bing webmaster tool but could need to wait months for Bing crawls my webpages hence your case is not an exception and you need to wait till Bing visits your website.

webhostwala

OK. I had submitted the links so many month but still I have to wait till it gets crawl. Is there any other way to get it crawl faster ??

harrygreen90

harrygreen90
You should do these things
- Fetch your web pages in Bing webmaster tools
- Building more quality links to your website.

When you have many links from high quality sites, Bing spiders will follow those links and visit your web pages easier and they will be crawled.

Hope that helps!

petesede

After checking my website on Bing, I found that the meta titles and its description is not displaying correctly. They are showing the old ones. Out of 23, 20 pages are indexed on bing and in that almost all of them are showing old information. Kindly guide me how to rectify the old titles and get indexed the pages on Bing.
You can go to the Bing Webmaster page and make a manual request that they recrawl your page which should update the meta information on your pages, however, there is a lot of debate if that really does anything... ie, does Bing jump you to the head of the line for re-indexing. In normal circumstances, Bing takes a few months to update changes to your meta information. One thing to add, the more often you update a page, the more often the search engines will crawl it. If your page has been stagnant for many years, it is likely the Bing won´t come back very frequently to that page.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views