Web Proxy Server Host Search?

sunny_pro

Dear Members,

I have been searching for the perfect proxy server script (php) and sites that review these scripts.
Also, on the lookout for webhosts who will allow me to run my own public web proxy.
But, I am having no luck in finding these answers online. Therefore, appreciate all your inputs. If you know of anyone who can help then do kindly forward them to this thread to engage in talks with me.

Webhost Requirements
1. Must allow me to remotely connect to mysql.
2. Must provide high or unlimited bandwidth.
3. Must not throttle my site without giving prior 24-48hrs warning in advance when my bandwidth usage exceeds the limit.
4. Must not fine or have me prosecuted in any way should my proxy users engage in any unlawful activities using my proxy since I'm not responsible for their actions.
5. Must provide measures for my proxy users to not be able to engage in any unlawful activities using my proxy service.
6. Must provide ip banning, isp banning, domain banning, url banning, keywords or banned words filtering, user usage metering features for my proxy service.
7. Must recommend me a free or gpl proxy script that can be customized to my requirements.

Any updated proxy server php scripts suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your help.

virtubox

Dear Members,

I have been searching for the perfect proxy server script (php) and sites that review these scripts.
Also, on the lookout for webhosts who will allow me to run my own public web proxy.
But, I am having no luck in finding these answers online. Therefore, appreciate all your inputs. If you know of anyone who can help then do kindly forward them to this thread to engage in talks with me.

Webhost Requirements
1. Must allow me to remotely connect to mysql.
2. Must provide high or unlimited bandwidth.
3. Must not throttle my site without giving prior 24-48hrs warning in advance when my bandwidth usage exceeds the limit.
4. Must not fine or have me prosecuted in any way should my proxy users engage in any unlawful activities using my proxy since I'm not responsible for their actions.
5. Must provide measures for my proxy users to not be able to engage in any unlawful activities using my proxy service.
6. Must provide ip banning, isp banning, domain banning, url banning, keywords or banned words filtering, user usage metering features for my proxy service.
7. Must recommend me a free or gpl proxy script that can be customized to my requirements.

Any updated proxy server php scripts suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your help.
Hello sunny_pro, you can find all open-source proxy script here : https://github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted#proxy
But you will not find any provider who allow to host a proxy script on a shared hosting (except if it's only for your own usage). But on a vps or a dedicated server, it should not be a problem, some provider like scaleway.com are cheap and bandwidth isn't limited. (not limited at all)
Anyway, it will be your job to secure/encrypt your users connections to protect them, and you will always be responsible of your users activities, because all connections will be done from an IP, associated to your domain.

sunny_pro

VirtuBox,

Thank you for your reply.

Which Proxy you would use as a server and why that one over others ?

virtubox

I haven't use any proxy for few years now, but Squid seems to be one of the most popular and there are several tutorials available on the web about the setup.

zmeuandrew

Hey everyone,
I've been hours on the internet where I could find a good proxy server script for my use, and still haven't found the working one, maybe you have some ideas?

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views