Do you have more than one Facebook account?

WildSpirit

For some people, having only one account on Facebook does not seem to be enough.

The reasons for having more than one account vary greatly from person to person (for example: when you decide to separate the personal account from Facebook from the business account, in case you own a company), after all... Each one of them has special / peculiar motivations for it.

What do you think about it? :)

vinaya

I have only one facebook account, however, I use couple of facebook accounts. Apart from my own account, I am also a manager of a celebrity facebook account. When I am not on my account, I log into this account and do the posting and interaction. Sometimes, I also use my wife's facebook. When I am on my wife's facebook, I do posting and commenting. My wife does not mind.

Maria_C

I have two facebook accounts. One is a personal account and the second an account I created to access a group I was banned with my personal account. Reason being my personal account was hacked and spam messages were posted to the group. The admin banned me, several plea to get my account returned to the group failed. I had to create another account and access the group with it.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
For some people, having only one account on Facebook does not seem to be enough.

The reasons for having more than one account vary greatly from person to person (for example: when you decide to separate the personal account from Facebook from the business account, in case you own a company), after all... Each one of them has special / peculiar motivations for it.

I agree with you, seem one FB account is not enough for people doing works online.
For me, I have several accounts, one for my personal profile and some are being used for each websites or marketing purposes.
Of course is you can only use an account and create more Facbeook pages or groups on it but it is more safety if you have multi FB accounts.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
I agree with you. :) Multiple accounts are safer, though they are not so cool to be managed, are they? Hahahaha! :rolleyes2: But I think that when there are different purposes, it is always better to separate the accounts.

JoeMilford

So far, I only have one, but I am the administrator at two other fb sites for publishing ventures. I need to set up a fan site, as an author, because I have reached the maximum number of friends at my personal page. I feel like I am juggling a million sites already, as it is, so I am hesitant to build even more, lol.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
Having one account is more interesting on the management issue, but having more than one account is essential if you have to separate some kind of specific interests (even if it's something boring to be done... but in that case you wouldn't have to work alone :)).

bug

I have one main facebook account that I use for my personal needs, but I also have one more account that I use entirely for business purposes. This is because I want to keep my work and personal life separated. I don't see myself creating any more accounts soon as I find it quite pointless as to why one should have so many accounts (I know a couple of people that do).

rakeshpatel

Having more tha one account is a common thing for the facebook users. Some of my frineds are using more than 1 profile as facebook for friends and faceboook for family. They guys doesn't want to add family members to regular account that's why they created another account for the family and for that acoount they added very close friends and familymembers only.

I have also more than one facebook account. One is for the my personal use and another is for my blog or we can say that another one is for the business puurpose only.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
The division between facebook for friends and facebook for family members is much more common than you can imagine.. It's something very popular (although many people don't admit it :rolleyes2:).

Rob Whisonant

I have one account since it is against their TOS to have multiple accounts. I have several groups and pages for business use. Works well and I'm not breaking their rules.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
Creating groups and pages is a great way to resolve this, but have you ever made any kind of confusion while managing any of your groups or pages? I think this would be relatively easy to happen, wouldn't it? :rolleyes2: Of course, depending on the number of groups and pages you have. :)

Rob Whisonant

Also it's faster to go to a page or group and post than to log-off one account and login to another and then post. Actually it would be much easier to screw up and post to the wrong account the posting to a wrong page or group. :)

Plus, when Facebook sees excessive login activity to multiple accounts from the same IP, you are going to be flagged. Seen a lot of people lose their main facebook account because of having multiple accounts.

Breaking a TOS is a bad idea. It shows that the person can't follow or refuses to follow rules of a company. Personally I would not do any serious business with someone that deliberately breaks rules of other companies. Tosses up a trust issue flag with me.

SEOPub

SEOPub
This. I don't know why people screw around with stuff like this.

Plus if you lose a Facebook account, guess what happens to any Facebook pages that account was managing? You lose access to them too.

Besides the fact that you are breaking the TOS of Facebook, which I would never advise and raises all kinds of questions about just what type of business you are running, it just isn't worth the risk to lose an account and potentially multiple Facebook pages along with it.

SEOPub

Of course is you can only use an account and create more Facbeook pages or groups on it but it is more safety if you have multi FB accounts.
No. It is the exact opposite if you have more than one Facebook account. It violates Facebook's ToS, which means you could potentially lose all of the accounts.

With Facebook pages there is no need for more than one account. Your personal account is not publicly linked to a page unless you make it public.

WildSpirit

I agree with you, seem one FB account is not enough for people doing works online.
For me, I have several accounts, one for my personal profile and some are being used for each websites or marketing purposes.
I'll have to agree with SEOPub on this.

The idea of ​​having multiple accounts to "facilitate" the management of various purposes may be optimal in theory. In practice I think it works differently.

You may be breaking some important Facebook rules (even without knowing it) and end up losing your work / followers.

It's better to have more work and ensure account security.

Pointbreak

I wish I have read this thread 8 months ago. That was when I started looking into the net when it comes to understanding social media marketing or understanding what is it like becoming a social media manager.

As of now, I am maintaining two accounts and I am choosing to believe that what I did was the wiser choice. I am still in the process of making sure that I closely monitor the movements of my Facebook work account and not do it to my personal account. To a certain degree, I was tempted to make a simple page within my personal account but I ended up putting that idea on hold.

Basically, I am treating this strategy as how I would treat owning a mobile phone. I do have one for personal use and another for work.

ulterios

ulterios
Just be sure to use extreme caution because you can lose both of these accounts if Facebook learns that you have more than one because that is a violation of their terms.

Many people do it and never get caught but many get caught and lose all that they have built up like friends/followers, likes, links and everything else.

WildSpirit

WildSpirit
I think it's never too late to start learning something new, isn't it? :) I mean... If you want to do it, you have to go for it and try. :rolleyes2:

Having more than one account seems to be the solution that many people find to separate goals well.

If you can do it in a satisfactory way and you get good results, why not continue?

Bring it on! :clap:

Pointbreak

Pointbreak
I definitely took your advice and did my due diligence on using Facebook. I found the feature that will help me to go about maintaining a single account. I never knew my life could get any easier. Thanks to the internet for giving enough resource to manage my contacts as I go about my daily posts.

I highly appreciate the guidance. I’ll pay it forward by educating my team about it as well.

I guess I will have to update my reply and state that I have one main account and in the process of closing the second one. :D

LinkHeros

I think it's getting harder to use multiple Facebook accounts without getting them banned. They are getting smarter and have better ways to find out if you are controlling multiple accounts. I have made a couple of accounts recently and within a week they have disappereared with no warning.

kim16

I dont have multiple accounts. I only use one ever since. And for the most part, I dont really normally add people outside my family and very few friends. In fact I dont add colleagues.

blessing02

i have two(2) accounts on Facebook, the first one carries my complete name on it and i use that account to relate with people and of course gain new contacts and relationships, the second account howevee, is formally for business, it carries the company name and display just company product and adverts, this account was created by me but strictly business.

Angel07

I actually have only 1 Facebook account, I thought about creating a second account that would be my 'professional' account so I wouldn't have to use my personal account for everything but I still didn't do it, I don't know how hard it can be to manage 2 facebook accounts and I'm not sure if it's really necessary for me yet, I think it's a good thing to have a separated account different from your personal one so you can decide what people can be in your personal 'space' and what people need to keep out of your personal things, especially for professional reasons, nobody wants to mix personal life with business.

Retch15

I have one facebook account for my personal use and one for promoting purposes. This is where I joined different groups to drive free traffic to my site. I really want to separate these two because I'm getting a lot of notification everyday and it's hard for me distinguish which is which.

wiljonjr

As of now I have one Facebook account for personal use and for joining forums and work related activities since I am a News Cameraman/Video Editor but I am planning to create another account since Facebook accounts can be vulnerable to hacking.

Also having another account for business can be helpful in separating your personal and business activities.

mhands41

I have only one FB account and actually couldn't see the logic or reasons why people keep on making another account and start building another circle of friends.

With the continuing evolutions of social media and the vast opportunities it could offer, how I wish I become more intuitive and curious early on, perhaps I now have a wider knowledge how to launch a stable digital career.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.