What are Master Resale Rights?

Unknown

Hey everybody,

I am trying to find somebody that can explain to me what exactly the ''Master Resale Rights'' are. I am eager to learn more about product creation/selling and this term keeps appearing and it got me confused. Is it just allowing somebody else to sell my product? But why would you even do that?

Also, are there any specific laws surrounding it or things that I should be careful about? Such as limitations?

Thank you for all of your help :)

vishwa

In short Master Resale Rights means that You can sell the product, but you can't change the content, and you can't claim ownership of the product. For Instance, You are selling a eBook which is written by someone else. You can sell it with your own price and keep 100% profit but you can't change or alter the eBook or change the Author name.

rozzski89

rozzski89
Awesome explanations!

In the case I want to obtain the ownership of the product then it is possible?

How if I pay extra to get that? Will some authors accept that?

Unknown

Unknown
Thank you so much for your reply. You're a life saver. How often do people actually sell such rights though? Why do it if they don't get any revenue from the sales? Purely for promotional purposes or what? Seems very strange to me unless you write them a big fat cheque for the Master Resale Rights.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
bug
Replies
Views
RAQ
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.