Page in people's feed without advertising?

PenguinManiac

One of the best things for people who want to advertise their website/product on Facebook is that pages naturally make their way in one's feed, either in the "Suggested pages" feed or in the "Maybe you'd like these" one.

However, I've always wondered what criteria the feed algorithm follows to choose one page over the other. Is it based on advertising, or can a page pop up just because the topic is related? Is it based on the page's followers' interests?

andrewskyler

I don't think this can happen or maybe I don't see it yet
Maybe the Facebook algorithm is smart enough to rely on the popularity, age, and quality of a page to give it such a privilege.
You can see the new page without promoting can't even get one traffic

PenguinManiac

PenguinManiac
Yeah, that's probably the case. What I've noticed is that all suggested pages have a high number of likes, so I wondered whether the parameters used by their algorithm involved the page's sizein terms of followers or if these pages, being this big, were the only ones who could affort (or wanted to invest) in advertising. It could be a combination of both, too.

Older threads
Replies
Views
RAQ
Replies
Views
bug
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.