Am I ready for android programming?

faresjuve

i have finished the java basics like functions, loops ,inheritance and arrays etc and i want to start learning android it's too early to start android now ? by the way i have learned also kotlin as basics it's very easy for java i am sucks with design and how do i start learning design UI and any free sources to learn android programming from scratch plz

Mike001

There are quite a few android developmental tutorials on YouTube. One thing I would keep in mind is that you get what you pay for.

Many of the tutorials that I have viewed on YouTube are out of date or plain incorrect. Have you thought about subscribing to an online school and looking through their Andriod development tutorials.

There are some really good sites out there.

One that I am familiar with is the Developers site.

developer.android.com

They have some good stuff on there and references to many other sites. You may want to check it out.

Under full disclosure I have no affiliation with the site above, but many of my college students have spoken very highly of the tutorials that are listed there.

tim_cloudcone

I don't think there's such a thing as being ready to start learning something. You should just go ahead and start. and if you come across something you don't understand from your learning source, then search for it on the internet and learn about it. Most Android development tutorials will teach you things from the basics anyway.

As for recommendations, I personally have never come across a fully up to date free android development course/tutorial. Most of the free tutorials will give you some sort of an issue when following them as Mike said. I learned most of what I know through a course on Udemy just a few months back. They put most of their courses on sale on most days so you should be able to find a high rated course for around $10 - $15. Just make sure to read the description to make sure the course is up to date and also check the reviews.

cesarmatute

The only way you should know if you're ready, is trying to code on Android and how it goes. You just got to practice until you get it. I've been starting from scratch by reading the Google tutorials to learn to code on Android and so far I must say that it has helped me a lot. I had too some Java basic knowledge like you and little by little I've been improving my Android coding skills. Though I still don't feel ready to work as an Android programmer. I'd like to know where can I test my skills, not just by taking tutorials nd online courses, but by solving real life problems.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
RAQ
Replies
Views
bug
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.