Making money on Instagram?

sima061

Hi! I have a question.
I've heard that Instagram users with lots of followers find ways to monetize their accounts, but I don't know what are all the ways possible.
I guess promotions and shout-outs are a way, but I can't really think of anything else.
Does someone know?
Also, I'd like to know how much can you actually earn that way. I'm sure it depends on how many followers you have and their activity, but what are the numbers?

Promoguy

Affiliate links is the way to go. There are people on Instagram who are making big incomes.

Too bad I never took much notice of Instagram! Missed opportunity.

JonathanS

JonathanS

Besides the ones Sima listed, I can't really think of any others.

First, certain people have many followers on Instagram. However, only a few are actually capitalizing on their fans/audience by monetizing their posts. Generating an actual revenue from their respectable following clicking on the actual products they place in photos/videos. Promotional (in my opinion) is the easiest way to earn. You don't want to know how much the Kardashians get paid just to post a selfie picture promoting some brand (its digusting believe me). Someone like Scott Dissick (Kourtney's ex) has no talent. So he solely relies off of brand promotion. Check out his page if you don't believe me.

If I had 200k+ followers and wanted to earn from my social media following, affiliate marketing is the way to go. Especially when those affiliates offer a commission for life on the customers you bring in.

sima061

Thanks for the response! :)
Why don't you try now? Is it now late, as in there are too many people doing it already? Seems like a nice way to earn, it could be interesting.

Claimconsultantsll

By promoting other brands product or selling your own photography I think this is the way of making money on Instagram.

sima061

Ooh, I understand. Thanks again for your response! :)

Claimconsultantsll, I didn't think of the photography thing. Thanks!

igzy

Hi,

While affiliate marketing is one option (as others have pointed out), the growing branch of internet marketing is "influencer marketing". People with huge number of followers on social media accounts like Instagram, twitter, etc, can tie-up with brands to spread the word about them. They are paid based on the reach out they are able to achieve. So good number of REAL followers who engage with your posts is the deal here!

JoeMilford

Promoguy,

Thanks for the info regarding Affiliate links--I too wish I would have already jumped on the Instagram wagon and experimented. I have almost signed up for it about ten times, but something always seems to come up, and so I never finish the process.

SpellBound

It's super easy if you have a lot of real followers who are active. It's all affiliate marketing in the end. Earn followers, fool them and make them believe something is good, make them click on the affiliate link. That's it ! But it's hard these days because instagram is almost kind of outdated or late in this field.

alexanderzx360

As others have already responded, there are two main ways: affiliate and influencer marketing. Now the influencer is a bit more tricky since it looks like you're not promoting when you actually are, for example, using a specific brand for a couple of photos that look great might get people to buy things about this brand.

Now there are other alternatives such as promoting a patreon: if you're into photography and you're very popular, you could offer backstage photos or exclusive sets to people that donate money to your account. I'd always have a paypal account on the description just for donation.

Cheers!

kielrivera

Definitely yes. You can earn money in Instagram. Create an Instagram account, post something great every day, get more eyes on your selfies, I mean you need more followers, find brands to work for/with, then there you go, profit will come to you!

gilaraymark

Thanks for this man! now I know what is the correct term for making money thru Shout-outs and promoting products on instagram. hahah Influencer marketing!

karlaaaaaa

You can also sell goods via Instagram. I am an online shopper and I am looking for stuff I need to buy on the internet, and honestly I've got almost all my good through transactions on IG. Fortunately, I haven't encountered any scammers so far. If you really want to earn money on IG try selling clothes and dresses both brand new and pre-loved. You can also try other varieties of products like shoes, make up and gadget accessories.

tenthztar

I am curious about that too since all i know is selling with IG and shout outs. I do read that they make a lot of money through it. All you need is a million of followers right? does anyone have any trick to make a lot of followers in IG.

RajSS

The average number according to a report by some people, is 100k followers. If you have more than 100k followers or you are nearby it, then the big brands of category like sport shoes, mobiles,websites companies,etc tries to contact, and then pay a good amount of money for advertising their product.
For example, if you have 120k followers, then Adidas company will try to contact you through instagram and offer you a good amount for promoting their product. The amount can be nearby 30 to 80 dollars for a 100k follower user.
Another way you can earn is by promoting another user accounts if you have good number of followers like more than 50k. Mention in you bio of Instagram, that you will promote account for lowest rate, then other users will probably try to contact you, and if they do so, at first you should ask their budget, just set a reasonable rate as per their budget.

jayveeborres

Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular and lucrative ways to earn money online. As an affiliate marketer, you refer products to your followers and if a purchase is made, you receive a commission from the brand whose product who help sell. Your referral is tracked either through a unique link or promo code. Since Instagram doesnt allow you to post links in posts (links can only be shared in the profile bio or Stories), using promo codes is the best option for affiliate marketers on Instagram. You can sign up on a platform like Amazon Affiliate Program and tout products relevant to the niche your Instagram account is based around – whether it’s travel, fashion, art, gadgets, or anything else.

Joie

Wow, I would really want to try this out. Especially Affiliate Marketing, it seems that a lot of people I know online are into this. Amazon is one.

KareemCartwright

You can earn money If you have lots of followers on Instagram. You can sell your photos, create and sell a physical or digital product, sell other's brand product, open online store. I have an online shop of branded shoes and it growing day by day because of my lovely customers. I always advertise my products on Instagram and It is easy for me to get likes on my post with the help of my followers.

kraodes

Do I need to switch to a business account to get paid on Instagram?

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views